Windows 10: No option to take ownership

Discus and support No option to take ownership in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcmoran, Nov 26, 2020.

1. marcmoran Win User

No option to take ownership

Hi,
    Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198

I have folder icons that look like this:

No option to take ownership [​IMG]

All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed.
    I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship.
    I've run 'Add_Change_Owner_to_context_menu' But...

No option to take ownership [​IMG]

I have a separate admin account and I'm working from my regular account but I'm not prompted to UAC (admin Password)

So I need help getting access to all my files. Actually I have access to all my files just not from all the various file folders such as the folders in C: users/Documents and Settings or Quick access*Biggrinocuments/My Music.
    Thanks,
    Marc

:)

marcmoran, Nov 26, 2020

2. Take Ownership

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Ownership Issues

well did you take ownership, you said I stopped it midway?????

Maybe taking ownership and adding yourself in list with full permissions, and ENABLING Inheritance again and restarting PC might get system restore to work. If you can't, and all is running good, leave it be I guess. I would run a few programs and such
    to make sure all is ok. your other option might be to go back to v1709 in start up options and do update again.

But I would take full ownership with you in list too full permissions on the whole drive,, restart pc and on sign in and try restore again. if it fails, hold shift key and restart and try system restore from start up options again. there and then

seahawks65, Nov 26, 2020
  4. No option to take ownership

Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

No option to take ownership

1. No option to take ownership - Similar Threads - option ownership

2. add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox: Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the NUC works fine but windows now needs activating. i can see the old NUC under my Microsoft logins but when i go to login to...
  3. add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox: Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the NUC works fine but windows now needs activating. i can see the old NUC under my Microsoft logins but when i go to login to...
  4. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why am I unable to take ownership for this file? Option is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to take ownership for this file? Option is greyed out.: First and foremost, this is not a system file. It's for the Microsoft games I bought from the store that I want to transfer to another drive My C drive is nearly full and I've got a new drive specifically for games and non-vital filesI've gone into properties, security,...
  8. Why am I unable to take ownership for this file? Option is greyed out.

Why am I unable to take ownership for this file? Option is greyed out.: First and foremost, this is not a system file. It's for the Microsoft games I bought from the store that I want to transfer to another drive My C drive is nearly full and I've got a new drive specifically for games and non-vital filesI've gone into properties, security,...
  9. Why am I unable to take ownership for this file? Option is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. No option to take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...