Windows 10: No option to turn off Auto Brightness

Discus and support No option to turn off Auto Brightness in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I just bought a new Lenovo 9i laptop and its great. Unfortunately, when I go into Display Settings, there is no box to disable auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mark17Grace, Oct 23, 2020.

1. No option to turn off Auto Brightness

No option to turn off Auto Brightness X9ZzTIHOGS_ABRLhk-B2ODGl-_qTkiTiPoee0mUKxE4.jpg

I just bought a new Lenovo 9i laptop and its great. Unfortunately, when I go into Display Settings, there is no box to disable auto brightness. I then went into Advance Power Options and there is no option to disable it there either. Is this normal? The Lenovo Tech didn't know how to fix it either.

Can anyone help out with how I can turn it off? It drives me nuts. haha

Sorry for the huge pictures, too.

https://preview.redd.it/aqb6z0xtywu...bp&s=dcac3ec4047e642890f102b8cc0cccee5b814b73

https://preview.redd.it/qlxkp114zwu...bp&s=541eef12d7ec4a62977fc86474173ae570b686a7

submitted by /u/Mark17Grace
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mark17Grace, Oct 23, 2020

2. Auto brightness

Hi Ajit,

To better assist you with the auto brightness issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the display options

My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time.

I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10.

I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it.

I followed the steps that said the following:

*As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows)

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off*

But the problem i the option "Enable adaptive brightness" is not even there.

No option to turn off Auto Brightness 6d764773-8fc4-43e7-b5cc-304b674e78f1?upload=true.jpg

So What do i do now?

Kaushik307, Oct 23, 2020
  4. No option to turn off Auto Brightness

brightness profile

Hello,

About your concern, you can change the brightness profile of your Windows 10 Mobile. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System, then Display.
    • Turn off Auto brightness. You can adjust the slider to any screen brightness percentage.

Don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

No option to turn off Auto Brightness

1. No option to turn off Auto Brightness - Similar Threads - option turn off

2. Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...: My brightness usually doesn't change since I have the auto-brightness setting off, but whenever I load up a certain game my brightness goes down, and then continues going down. I have to continually turn the brightness up over and over again, sometimes the brightness goes...
  3. Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...: My brightness usually doesn't change since I have the auto-brightness setting off, but whenever I load up a certain game my brightness goes down, and then continues going down. I have to continually turn the brightness up over and over again, sometimes the brightness goes...
  4. I can't find the option to turn off auto brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the option to turn off auto brightness.: The option to turn off auto brightness won't appear. I am using a laptop on windows 11. I have updated my driver and it still won't appear....
  5. I can't find the option to turn off auto brightness.

I can't find the option to turn off auto brightness.: The option to turn off auto brightness won't appear. I am using a laptop on windows 11. I have updated my driver and it still won't appear....
  6. Lack of auto brightness off option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  7. Lack of auto brightness off option

Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  8. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  9. How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM: Hi there. I am lucky enough to have a desk in front of a window, so I have tons of natural light shining on to my face and room. With a properly adjusted camera, this looks wonderful. However, Windows has decided that their auto-brightness on the webcam is just perfect, and...
  10. Theres no option to turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theres no option to turn off adaptive brightness: I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10, and I cant seem to turn off adaptive brightness. The screen goes dark whenever the display is showing dark colors and its starting to hurt my eyes now. I already tried to disable it in settings but theres no option for adaptive...