Windows 10: No option to use Multiple Displays - Windows 10

Discus and support No option to use Multiple Displays - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 with Intel Core 15 running Windows 10 to which I need to add an external monitor. When I go into the display settings menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Player802353632, Nov 5, 2018.

1. No option to use Multiple Displays - Windows 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 with Intel Core 15 running Windows 10 to which I need to add an external monitor. When I go into the display settings menu the only option I have is to "add a wireless monitor" there is no "Multiple Display" menu so I can't add my monitor! My co-worker who used to have this computer did have a wireless monitor, but I don't! How do I get the multiple display menu back?

:)

Player802353632, Nov 5, 2018

2. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2018
  4. No option to use Multiple Displays - Windows 10

Windows 10 Multiple Display NOT Working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and then try to set up multiple monitors.

I suggest you to update the Graphics card drivers and check if it helps:

• Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
    • Click on the “Display adapters” to expand the list.
    • Right-click on drivers and update it.
    • If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
    • Restart the PC
    Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

No option to use Multiple Displays - Windows 10

1. No option to use Multiple Displays - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - option Multiple Displays

2. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA.However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop only...
  3. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA.However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop only...
  4. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi all,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA. However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop...
  5. Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Displays "Extend these displays" option not showing: Hi all,I have a Windows 7 laptop.I connected it to an external monitor/screen using VGA. However, when I go to Control Panel, I do not see the "Extend these display" option in the drop-down menu under "multiple displays".The only options are: Duplicate displays, show desktop...
  6. Use of multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use of multiple displays: Windows 10 Automatic Update Multiple monitors environment I have read various notes and I am just confused and frustrated. I have successfully connected a second monitor to my laptop and duly identified them as 1 and 2, and configured them so that 2 is on the left and 1...
  7. Option to open applications on display that was used during action. [Multiple display control]

Option to open applications on display that was used during action. [Multiple display control]: Dear Microsoft, I want to know is there an option to open applications on a display where icons are located. For example, when I double-click on a browser icon on my 1st monitor browser displays on the 1st monitor, but if I double-click on a browser icon on my 2nd...
  8. Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10

Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10: hi My pc has running windows 10 pro 64 bit current latest version in windows 10 2020/04/30 My Problem is - Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10 Plz i won Quickly answer to this problem...
  9. Using Windows 10 with multiple display KVM (Settings)

Using Windows 10 with multiple display KVM (Settings): Hi All, I have a Windows 10 machine that I use with multiple displays and also have a KVM switch so that I can alternate between my work and my home pc (while sharing monitors/keyboard/mouse). My problem is that I want to "save" multiple display settings so that I don't...
  10. Multiple display UI control options

Multiple display UI control options: I don't know if there's a way to do this already, but I would like to customize how the taskbar and windows menu works when I have multiple displays connected. Basically, I would like to choose which display hosts the taskbar (ie. not my main display I play games on). I would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no option for multiple displays windows 10