Windows 10: No option to use PIN on the login screen

Discus and support No option to use PIN on the login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Michel van Driel, Jul 30, 2021.

1. No option to use PIN on the login screen

Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password can be entered which does work without a problem.The problem is not limited to the account, I am experiencing the same problems with another Azure AD account and with the local account we create as a backup.I have tried these solutions to no avail: https://thegeekpage.com/fix-sign-in-with-pin-is-not-available-in-windows

:)

Michel van Driel, Jul 30, 2021

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 30, 2021
  4. No option to use PIN on the login screen

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

No option to use PIN on the login screen

1. No option to use PIN on the login screen - Similar Threads - option PIN login

2. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  3. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  4. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen: I work in the computer lab of a senior center, where we help community members learn about their devices and keep them connected. This has been especially important during the pandemic.I have a member of our center who has forgotten their Windows PIN. Many times over the...
  6. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen: I work in the computer lab of a senior center, where we help community members learn about their devices and keep them connected. This has been especially important during the pandemic.I have a member of our center who has forgotten their Windows PIN. Many times over the...
  7. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Login: no other option but PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: no other option but PIN: Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login...
  9. lost option to login with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost option to login with PIN: Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before. 6731
  10. No login options on login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login options on login screen.: So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password. This is what I see. Every 30 seconds or so the screen "pulses." See this video. For some context, this started happening when I looked up...