Windows 10: No options shows up to change touchpad gesture setting. It used to work fine earlier. Tried...

Discus and support No options shows up to change touchpad gesture setting. It used to work fine earlier. Tried... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/boiimlit [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boiimlit, Aug 31, 2020.

1. No options shows up to change touchpad gesture setting. It used to work fine earlier. Tried...

/u/boiimlit, Aug 31, 2020

2. Touchpad gestures

Windows 10 keep changing three finger gesture, sometimes gestures show desktop and tasks which I prefer and sometimes it open search and settings. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3452 windows 10 1607 build 14393. I know my laptop doesn't have precision touchpad
    but gestures works just fine.

Things I tried to fix it

* Installed latest touchpad driver and even tried the old once.

* updated graphics card driver and video driver.

* set compatibility to windows 8 and windows 7.

* installed/updated touchpad driver through device manager.

BernardNaidu, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Touchpad Gestures settings missing under Windows Settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find Gestures settings for Touchpad on your computer. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

The touchpad gesture settings depends on the model of the laptop that you are using.

For us to investigate more on this, please share the details requested below:

• Were you able to find the gesture settings earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop that you are using?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using currently? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, as you have already tried updating the Touchpad drivers, I would suggest you to check if there any pending Windows updates on the computer. You can navigate to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> Check for updates.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 31, 2020
  4. AAs_2000 Win User

No options shows up to change touchpad gesture setting. It used to work fine earlier. Tried...

Touchpad gestures not working

Before I factory reset my laptop I was able to use different gestures using my touchpad like scroll or zoom. But know that I have restarted everything the gestures are not working. I followed some steps u found online on ways to switch it on. The settings
    show that it is in and enabled. So I should be able to use it however it’s still not working. How am I able to sort this out the simplest and most time efficient way?

AAs_2000, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

No options shows up to change touchpad gesture setting. It used to work fine earlier. Tried...

1. No options shows up to change touchpad gesture setting. It used to work fine earlier. Tried... - Similar Threads - options shows change

2. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  3. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gesture settings: Hello! My gestures settings was gone and I don't know how to fix it, I tried updating the drivers multiple times, but the touchpad gesture settings was still not showing. the reset button was not showing either, I even tried to reformat my device but nothing happens.. i just...
  4. Touchpad gesture settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Touchpad gestures are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures are not working: My keyboard gestures are not working. only one finger i can use, two finger and three are not working. i can not scroll down because gestures are very important in the touchpad. I searched a lot for it but i didn't get any solutions....
  6. Touchpad gestures are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures are not working: My keyboard gestures are not working. only one finger i can use, two finger and three are not working. i can not scroll down because gestures are very important in the touchpad. I searched a lot for it but i didn't get any solutions....
  7. Touchpad gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gestures not working: I have a dell INSPIRON 5570Service Tag 9Y1LFP2After a recent hardware failure. I reinstalled windows and my touch-pad gestures stopped working. I did a lot of research but to no avail. The touchpad works fine but it isnt showing up in settings as a precision touchpad, even...
  8. Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.: I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop does supports gesture features. Please help me in that. It will be a great help to me....
  9. Fine tune touchpad gesture travel distance settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fine tune touchpad gesture travel distance settings?: I just got a Surface Laptop 3 with a precision touchpad. Is it possible to fine tune the gesture settings any more than what you can do in the settings menu? I'd like to reduce the travel distance needed for gestures like backwards navigation, forwards navigation, etc....
  10. Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI: Hello, I have msi laptop. I wanted to use precision touchpad gestures. It is working somehow, but I cannot change any of the settings. It changes in settings, but when I use it keeps working as if I didnt change it. Help me please :)...