Windows 10: No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

Discus and support No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by space-ranch, Mar 23, 2023.

1. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able to disable the functions listed above.For some reason, I am also unable to add a screenshot to this post - it just says "update failed" no matter what filetype I try.Essentially, all the guides tell me to go into the touchpad settings, open the drop-down under "taps", and disable these functions from a checklist. This che

:)

space-ranch, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Jowi2525 Win User

How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties.
    Then the instructions say "click Settings or Advanced Settings."
    Unfortunately, on the Lenovo Ideapad L340 there is no Settings or Advanced Settings to click on in the Mouse Settings Dialog box.
    I have seen lots of suggestions that involve clicking on the tab to the right of the Hardware tab on the Mouse Properties dialog box, but there is no tap to the right of the Hardware tab.
    I am open to registry editing also.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Touchpad Settings in Windows 10, 8, 7 - IdeaPad - US

Jowi2525, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 23, 2023
  4. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

How to disable Touchpad gestures on Lenovo IdeaPad S145 (Non Prescision Touchpad)?

So I have been playing KSP for a while, and I finally learned how to mid click on this touchpad, however, Windows has gestures assigned to Three-Finger Tapping which causes windows to open the Search thingy. this is annoying as all get out and I want to
    disable it. I have looked under Touchpad settings and saw nothing. there is nothing in Mouse settings about Gestures either.

Specs and Useful info:

Device: Lenovo IdeaPad S145

Touchpad: Synaptics Pointing Device

CodeWritten, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

1. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - options disable tap

2. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  3. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  5. Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click

Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click: I have a new Lenovo laptop V14 - ARE. I have been driving myself crazy looking for a way to disable tap to click. The fact that this is not easy to do is a glaring failure on Lenovo's part. I tried all sorts of stuff an looked all around. Nothing I could get would work....
  6. How to disable Touchpad gestures on Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Non Prescision Touchpad?

How to disable Touchpad gestures on Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Non Prescision Touchpad?: So I have been playing KSP for a while, and I finally learned how to mid click on this touchpad, however, Windows has gestures assigned to Three-Finger Tapping which causes windows to open the Search thingy. this is annoying as all get out and I want to disable it. I have...
  7. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  8. Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....
  9. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?

Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?: I have a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx and its been going on for a while, but kinda getting a bit worse, that my touchpad can act very erratic at times with the mouse cursor just jumping about when i'm trying to do some work. But the weird thing is, it only seams to...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...