Windows 10: No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Discus and support No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by daniel1, Nov 21, 2018.

1. daniel1 Win User

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Hello everyone!

I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:

My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the screen gets so dark. Also every option windows normally has to switch it off is gone. Not greyed out, it's just not there (Both in the legacy power options and in te new UI).

Around the same time it happend that windows decided to get rid of the old power profiles and instead only show the "balanced" one that comes with the power options slider when you click on the battery icon in the tray. I had that briefly and then the slider disappeard along with the option of turning adaptive brightness OFF.

This makes me MAD.
    • I deleted and restored the default power plans in several ways
    • I changed all (all I found, though) corresponding registry entries to disable adaptive brightness
    • I checked the registry for the the option to show the switching-option being ENABLED
    • I even stopped the windows service for the ambient light sensor

No change. Any Wizards around? *Shock

Daniel

:)

daniel1, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

Brightness sliders are only in !all in ones", like laptops, and tablets I believe.

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

Intel Compute Stick.
    Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248.

The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display.

It is too bright. Hurting my eyes.

davidhk, Nov 21, 2018
  4. No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

Can't turn down brightness.

this two options don't work

[Post split by the moderator.]

Shaikot Saha, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

1. No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider - Similar Threads - options turn OFF

2. Can't turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off adaptive brightness: The option to disable or enable adaptive brightness doesn't exist on my laptop. And it's **** annoying when it dims and I can't even do anything about it. I've tried going on to control panel but the only thing under my display is turn off display after....
  3. Can not turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can not turn off adaptive brightness: PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING So I recently bought an Acer Swift 1. It has Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Windows 64, version 1909, build 18363.1379. I don't need it to do much, so please no trash talk about its specs lol. The only issue I'm having is the...
  4. Brightness slider or option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness slider or option: i can't find a option to fix my brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-or-option/62253d99-1a45-4974-9592-10713d9b2250
  5. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan: [ATTACH] Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain. My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is there no option to change to the power plan as seen below. There is no option to de-activate Adaptive brightness. I attempted...
  6. Turning off adaptive brightness

Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  7. Theres no option to turn off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theres no option to turn off adaptive brightness: I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10, and I cant seem to turn off adaptive brightness. The screen goes dark whenever the display is showing dark colors and its starting to hurt my eyes now. I already tried to disable it in settings but theres no option for adaptive...
  8. Adaptive brightness disable in power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adaptive brightness disable in power options: My 9th gen i7 laptop screen goes half to sleep in less than a minute if I'm not sitting right in front of it even when there is screen activity and sound. I don't want this because I need to see the screen even from feet away, it's scrolling music and lyrics. The setting for...
  9. Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options: My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager -...
  10. How to turn off adaptive brightness?

How to turn off adaptive brightness?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20Ghz that I just got a week ago. The brightness keeps dimming with darker images being displayed and brightening with lighter images. I've googled solutions to this problem and none of them have worked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no adaptive brightness option

2. can no longer turn off adaptive brightness

3. brightness with no power

4. no option to change adaptve brightness seting,
  5. no option to turn off adaptive brightness