Windows 10: No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in

Discus and support No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using W10 Pro 64bit v1903 and after entering my password, the screen goes to a black blank screen for about 30 seconds after which, a white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mipak, Jun 15, 2020.

1. mipak Win User

No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in

Hello,

I'm using W10 Pro 64bit v1903 and after entering my password, the screen goes to a black blank screen for about 30 seconds after which, a white screen appears with a bit of standard text on it, mostly about 'ease of access' and that's it!!

This all happened early this morning (15/6/20) so, using my laptop, I put my question on the net. A thousand and one suggestions came up on screen and I looked at quite a lot of them but they all seemed to be more concerned with the black screen rather than the white.

The first suggestion told me to use CTRL+Alt+Del but the white screen didn't accept anything so I shut the PC down by pulling the plug out ... only the other way I know ... firing up again, password and a black screen. Then I hit CTRL+Alt+Del and the screen turned red showing a little menu, one of which said 'task manager' which led to checking the registry. Needless to say, it all sounded very positive but wasn't successful.

The regedit path was HKLM/software/microsoft/win nt/current version/winlogin left click /double click on shell and check that the entry in the small window says explorer.exe (it did) then OK and close rededit.

That's about as much detail I can give you. When I attempted to restart, it just kept repeating what I've told you above.

Finally, on a couple of attempts at startup, my desktop picture flashed up on screen for a second or so.

I would be most grateful for any help to get my desktop up and running again.

Michael.

:)

mipak, Jun 15, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 15, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jun 15, 2020
  4. No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in

black & white screen

My computer has a black and white screen.....No color. If I log in as a different user, it comes up with color and when I log in as the original user, it is black and white. Why?

DennisMulheron, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in

1. No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in - Similar Threads - little responce black

2. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  3. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  4. Black Screen After Logging In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Logging In: I am currently having a problem with my laptop. It shut down when I forgot to plug it in as it was already running low in power. I then plugged it in to a power source and pressed the power button. It prompted me to enter my password and after logging in, the screen went...
  5. White screen after logging in

White screen after logging in: whenever I log into my pc a while screen boots up and prevents me from clicking anything. I tried going on safe mode, and a screen says unknown hard error, and sihost.exe is making this appear. If I click OK on it the white screen reappears in safe mode. How can I fix this?...
  6. Black screen after log in

Black screen after log in: I logged into a computer account on windows 10 (not default account) and it processed and the screen went complete black, but with the cursor on top. What do I do..?...
  7. Black Screen after Logging in.

Black Screen after Logging in.: Whenever I login into my account I get my normal looking desktop for a minute or two but can't do anything. Then it goes all black with the cursor. I've booted it into safe mode and and the same thing happens. Can't access task manager in it either. Going from ctrl+alt+delete...
  8. Black Screen after Log In

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Screen after Log In: My system has been working fine for a long time and after a power outage a couple of days ago, now when it boots up I get the normal log in screen but after I log in all I get is a black screen with the mouse showing. It did boot up normally right after the power came back on...
  9. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen after Log on: Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on...
  10. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785