Windows 10: No or missing audio in certain games

Discus and support No or missing audio in certain games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've updated to 1809 from a fresh install today, and since then some games will either have no audio at all or will be missing audio (music, but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JPond, Oct 3, 2018.

1. JPond Win User

No or missing audio in certain games

I've updated to 1809 from a fresh install today, and since then some games will either have no audio at all or will be missing audio (music, but no sound effects, or sound effects and no music.)

It was fine on the older version, and also I get sound in Windows fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

JPond, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Game DVR audio recording.

Hi Jastin,

The Audio Settings in the Game DVR can be changed so you can disable the Audio when recording game clips. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows + G on your keyboard.
    • Click the Settings icon and go to Audio tab.
    • Uncheck Record audio when I record game clips.

You also have an option if you want to enable or disable audio from your microphone. In the
    Audio settings, you can check or uncheck Record my microphone next time I record a game.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 3, 2018
  4. No or missing audio in certain games

Game Audio

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. Does the audio not play while playing the games?

2. If so, are there any settings within the game to adjust the volume of the game?

3. Is the issue specific only to these two games?

As you have tried updating the audio drivers, I would suggest you to try uninstalling the driver and have Windows automatically install the most compatible version of driver by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand sound, video and game controllers

4. Right click on the driver and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

No or missing audio in certain games

1. No or missing audio in certain games - Similar Threads - missing audio certain

2. Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting: Whenever I try to launch Fortnite or THE FINALS, audio will be present at the beginning of the game and then cut out forever. https://youtu.be/kNULNYLJT28The video I've linked is my perspectave....
  3. Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Game Audios cut out immediately after starting: Whenever I try to launch Fortnite or THE FINALS, audio will be present at the beginning of the game and then cut out forever. https://youtu.be/kNULNYLJT28The video I've linked is my perspectave....
  4. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game: Whenever I launch Battlefield 2042 all of my PC audio is gone. Not only do I not hear the game but my Discord audio stops working as well. This only happens with BF 2042 and no other game. There is no in game option to change audio output to a specific device. I contacted EA...
  5. PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game

PC audio cuts out when launching a certain game: Whenever I launch Battlefield 2042 all of my PC audio is gone. Not only do I not hear the game but my Discord audio stops working as well. This only happens with BF 2042 and no other game. There is no in game option to change audio output to a specific device. I contacted EA...
  6. Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.: I recently purchased an M-audio M-track duo and have been using it to record audio for discord. While playing certain games my microphone will stop inputing to discord and I have to unplug and plug back in the audio interface which will fix the problem for around 5 minutes....
  7. Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.

Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.: I recently purchased an M-audio M-track duo and have been using it to record audio for discord. While playing certain games my microphone will stop inputing to discord and I have to unplug and plug back in the audio interface which will fix the problem for around 5 minutes....
  8. Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Certain photos missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain photos missing: I have plugged my Android phone into my windows 10 laptop, went onto the photos app and clicked import, it has done it, but it has left out alot of pictures, how do I put them on the laptop?...
  10. Audio not working for certain games/apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working for certain games/apps: I've had this problem for a while, for about 6 or so months. Every so often, while i was playing games, my audio would start to bug out, play some loud frequencies, and completely stop. At first, I though it was a problem with Discord on my computer, but after talking to...