Windows 10: no output devices detected

Discus and support no output devices detected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after updating Windows 10 I get the error message that no audio output or input devises found. how do I get them back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HIN58, Oct 11, 2018.

1. HIN58 Win User

no output devices detected

after updating Windows 10 I get the error message that no audio output or input devises found. how do I get them back?

:)

HIN58, Oct 11, 2018
  2. silk186 Win User

How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

That is what i did when I reinstalled the drivers. First it only had the speakers, added drivers, HDMI appeared, plugged in second analog port which is detected in realtek HD audio manager but is not listed as a second output. All three devices are dectected, but the two analog devices don't appear as separate output devices.

silk186, Oct 11, 2018
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 11, 2018
  4. ShogoXT Win User

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. no output devices detected - Similar Threads - output devices detected

2. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  3. Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones not detected as an output device: I recently bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 on it, upgrading from my surface pro 4 with windows 10I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 earphones which work with the windows 10 device and other laptops too with windows 10. But not with my windows 11 device, the earphones...
  4. windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device: it is showing as a connectable audio device, i can connect it as an audio device. it is not showing as an output device, preventing me to use them for their sole purpose. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting them, i have tried unpairing and pairing them again, i've...
  5. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers: The sound output on my Dell XPS 13 9310 is permanently muted as apparently no output devices can be detected. This is despite the device having built in speakers. I have tried rebooting the device to no avail. Could it be a hardware issue? Any help appreciated....
  6. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers: The sound output on my Dell XPS 13 9310 is permanently muted as apparently no output devices can be detected. This is despite the device having built in speakers. I have tried rebooting the device to no avail. Could it be a hardware issue? Any help appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 detects no audio output devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 detects no audio output devices: My computer's audio output devices have disappeared from the list of available devices and I'm left with a red cross over the speaker icon. Checking Hardware manager I can see all of the devices but they've got ! symbols on them but no matter how often I...
  8. No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    No output device detected and device manger blocked by the administrator: Hi! I'm having some troubles with my sound device. Yesterday I restart my laptop for a windows update, when the update finish I try to use my laptop again but the sound was gone. I check and it seems I no longer have audio devices on my laptop but I have it before the...
  9. No audio output/input device detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  10. Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices: Hello! Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game. Looking into my Steam settings, I...