Windows 10: No Output from dm_log_collector.exe

Discus and support No Output from dm_log_collector.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To begin with, Norton removed dm_log_collector.exe because of its low reputation (Threat name: WS.Reputation.1). Not dissuaded, I removed it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cabujones, Mar 3, 2018.

1. cabujones Win User

No Output from dm_log_collector.exe

To begin with, Norton removed dm_log_collector.exe because of its low reputation (Threat name: WS.Reputation.1). Not dissuaded, I removed it from Quarantine, put it on my desktop and ran it.

It ran very quickly and did not generate a file on Desktop. Certainly not of the form AGMxxx.zip which what I could discern from the video. Nor anywhere on my computer per Windows search. I opened a command-line and ran it. There was no output, or generated file.
    - Perhaps Norton is still getting in the way somehow. Do you think?

Running it on Windows 7 Homex64.
    - Not the Win10 need help on, which is stuck in a BSOD loop. I hope I will be able to run it from the command line there, via USB drive.

:)

cabujones, Mar 3, 2018
  2. Ar Rom Win User

No HDMI output from GPU

Hi,

This issue regarding the HDMI output might be due to software conflicts. We can try to run the Microsoft easy fix solutions and see if it works. Kindly refer to the article "Find and fix problems with devices and hardware". The steps can be found on this

link

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Daryl FRG Win User
    No HDMI output from GPU

Hello, I recently upgraded motherboard, and since doing this I can no longer connect multiple displays. The GPU was working fine prior to the update.

Windows 10 64 Bit

Asus Prime X370-PRO

Ryzen 5 CPU

Radeon HD 7700 GPU

The computer knows that two monitors are connected, they are both displayed in Device Manager and in the Radeon Settings. The monitor connected by HDMI just says "no cable connected" (It is, and it is a known good cable) The monitor connected via DVI cable
    is fine.

I have updated:

1. Windows

2. GPU Drivers

3. ASUS Bios

Any help would be appreciated.

Daryl

Daryl FRG, Mar 3, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi cabujones

If Norton has a feature that can prevent a file from performing an action without doing anything else (i.e. moving it to quarantine), then Norton is getting in the way. Simply disable this feature temporary.

axe0, Mar 3, 2018
  5. cabujones Win User
    Thanks, @axe0.
    I disconnected internet and stopped Norton's scanning. Now I saw the cmd window which created the .zip file PC-Sun_03_04_2018_145254_97.zip but it was -empty-, that is, only 22-bytes beginning with PK.... Possibly because it is being run on Win7. This was as a sanity check of mine before putting it on a USB to run it on my BSOD-broken Win10. But when next run on Win10x64 I got the error: "This version of G:\dm_log_collector(1).exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running.
    • The Win 10x64 system has a persistent 0xc0000225 BSOD I cannot escape so I can only get to the cmd line and only by using a Windows.iso on a USB drive.
      X:\> ver => Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125]
      G:\> dir gm_log_collector(1).exe => 92,128 bytes
    • Possibly this would not give you detectives at tenforums the system data desired, anyway, since my broken Win10 is not running, but is what I have.

cabujones, Mar 6, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Any file it's complaining about?

axe0, Mar 8, 2018
  7. cabujones Win User
    @axe0: Merely this line of output:G:\>"dm_log_collector(1).exe"
    This version of G:\dm_log_collector(1).exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher"
    This executable spent some time in Norton jail (quarantine). Could it possibly have modified the file? It makes an empty zip-file on Win7--is that normal? The file CRC is:

Name: dm_log_collector(1).exe
    Size: 92128 bytes (0 MB)
    SHA256: 65B48F8F64E8139AF81DA79D8A07DBCF2F69BE31D01FFF27D6723ED2A0923B2E
    Does that help any? My Win10x64 is an HP Presario. But, as mentioned, I am booting from Windows Media Files.iso. Not using your Winpese.iso because that one did not let me do an sfc/verifyonly ("against policy"*Smile which, incidentally, passed and so did chkdsk. It is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125]

cabujones, Mar 8, 2018
  8. axe0 New Member

I meant when you see the error code *Wink

axe0, Mar 8, 2018
  9. cabujones Win User
    axe0: I am easily confused. No error code from running dm_log_collector. Perhaps you mean the 0xc0000225 error code when booting my PC from the C*Biggrinrive. The message is "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. / A required device isn't connected or cannot be accessed." Both sfc and chkdsk come back clean. I have tried bootrec, bcdboot etc.
    - It seems to me that Windows could at least give some hint about what the "required device" is.

cabujones, Mar 9, 2018
  10. axe0 New Member
    Required device is the hard drive, do I understand it correct that you're dual booting?

11. cabujones Win User
    axe0:
    No I am not dual booting. Just a single factory Windows 10. Specifically, at first I get a 0xc0000001 "Your PC couldn't start properly / After multiple retries." Then using any of the recovery options gets the 0xc000225 "required device not accessible." I did not recently connect any devices or download any software. I can only get to a command prompt using an .iso on a USB drive. As I mentioned, I have tried most "miracle cure"s. My boot record is a GPT, as if I know what that means.
    • I can run many apps on my desktop from the command line and was able to generate a .vhd file using disk2vhd. Else I would be very scared.
    • But when I boot from the C:drive I see the HP logo for a couple of minutes before I get the BSOD. I am wondering if that shows it might not be a problem with the MBR since it may have finished up by that time.
    • I also have an srtTrail.txt file created by the Windows System Test on their recovery media USB. All test result codes are 0x0 but there is an entry that says:
    Root Cause: A recent driver upgrade or may be preventing the system from restarting.

• I was able to use one restore point (Jan 25) which seemed to work, but as soon as I rebooted, the BSOD loop started. And here I am.

cabujones, Mar 9, 2018
  12. axe0 New Member
    Global Unique IDentifier Partition Table (GUID PT / GPT) is a partitioning scheme, basically meaning that you can have many partitions on 1 drive and larger partitions.

Could you upload the srtTrail.txt.

13. cabujones Win User

Attaching my SrtTrail.txt
    * Thanks for sticking with me, axe0.

cabujones, Mar 10, 2018
  14. axe0 New Member
    Assuming the root cause is indeed drivers, it is likely a driver from a program that was updated, that is assuming there have been no recent Windows updates installed, which means that you could boot into safe mode or perform a clean boot to find the cause.

In command prompt from the advanced recovery options, enter
    Code: start msconfig[/quote]
    • Go to the Boot tab,
    • Check Safe boot,
    • click Apply,
    • click OK and reboot

Let me know if this works.

15. cabujones Win User
    @axe0:
    If I boot from my C:drive I get a 0xc00000001 which offers F8-Startup Settings, including 4)-Safe Mode and 6)-Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Both of these end in a 0xc0000225 BSOD. So does F1-Recovery Environment.
    • I can only get to a Command Window from a USB boot. In this case I am at a X:\> prompt and it cannot find msconfig.exe
    • But C:\Windows\System32> msconfig.exe gets me a System Configuration window. I can then select [Windows 10 (C:WINDOWS): Default OS] (the only one offered) and then Boot:[v]Safe boot (*) Minimal. [restart] as you recommended.
    • But the result is the same: a 0xc0000001 BSOD with the options:
      • ENTER (repeats the 0xc0000001)
      • F1 Recovery Environment (goes to 0xc0000255)
      • F8 Startup Settings (Most of them go to 0xc0000225)
      • ESC for UEFI (where I boot from USB)
    • I can also bang on the F11-System Recovery key during startup, but this also gets me 0xc0000225. As I mentioned, sfc. and chkdsk come up clean, And none of the so-called "miracle cure"s like fixboot, rebuildbcd have helped.

cabujones, Mar 11, 2018
Thema:

1. No Output from dm_log_collector.exe - Similar Threads - Output dm_log_collector exe

2. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory: Hello,As the title suggests, I recently set up VS2017 for C programming, installed everything I need, even the Intel compilers.I created a new project with all the include files, libraries and set up the folders to the latter in properties.That aside, the code in the source...
  3. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory: Hello,As the title suggests, I recently set up VS2017 for C programming, installed everything I need, even the Intel compilers.I created a new project with all the include files, libraries and set up the folders to the latter in properties.That aside, the code in the source...
  4. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Exclude an exe from superfetch/prefetch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exclude an exe from superfetch/prefetch: Hi! As I know it prefetch/superfetch creates .pf files for all executables that were previously runned. As such I don't want windows to make a specific executable's .pf file through prefetch because I don't want to disable prefetch entirely for this. Any help would be...
  6. EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EXE FILE DISSAPEARS FROM FOLDER: I'm trying to download the program BenBox for Laser Engraver onto my computer. After installing the program it runs on the install but when I close it and try to reopen it my benbox.exe file disappears from the folder it was in. How do I solve to problem of the disappearing...
  7. Sound output from 2 devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound output from 2 devices.: Hi, I was wondering is there a way to output sound from 2 devices at the same time (my TV connected by HDMI and my speakers connected by aux) to get better sound. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/theubusu [link] [comments]...
  8. ran "dm_log_collector", now cant find YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ran "dm_log_collector", now cant find YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file: No it's not on my Desktop. bit strange. My User files have been redirected to my D: drive to keep my C: ssd clutter free. so now i dont know where the YourComputerName-xxxx.zip has been saved to. I searched for Zip files PC wide, but didnt find it. Where else could it have...
  9. dm_log_collector - NO FILE!

dm_log_collector - NO FILE!: Repeated BSODs. I run dm_log_collector and after running it immediately deletes the zip file that it creates. It's not in my recycle bin either. Advice? 57893
  10. Why won't my dm_log_collector finish?

Why won't my dm_log_collector finish?: Everytime I try to run the dm log collector it seems to run into an error and then stops immediately. I don't have enough time to read the error either. It used to work and now it doesn't. Can anyone propose a solution? I've attached the latest report from the log...