Windows 10: No output from microphone in apps despite being active and picking up noise in sound menu

Discus and support No output from microphone in apps despite being active and picking up noise in sound menu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex, and my internal Microphone Array just a few hours ago decided to break in some way. I am able see that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ricky Cheng rcheng15, Jun 18, 2020.

1. No output from microphone in apps despite being active and picking up noise in sound menu

Hello,

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex, and my internal Microphone Array just a few hours ago decided to break in some way. I am able see that the microphone is picking up noise, and is being detected in the settings menu in other words the green bars move up when I talk and yet, apps like Audacity, Zoom, and Chrome cannot seem to pick up this output. I have checked the privacy settings already, and it seems like the apps have permission to access to the microphone. I have unmuted the microphone. Power cycling numerous times does nothing except not recognize any microphone or speaker devices on one boot up. Would anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix this issue?

:)

Ricky Cheng rcheng15, Jun 18, 2020

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Microphone picks up output sound

Hi Josh

I am an independent advisor here to help

Have you tried to solution offered by Ganon11000 in the following thread?

"Right click it -> Sound Manager -> Microphone -> try messing with the settings like noise cancellation etc..

Also if there is a stereo mix tab make sure it is muted."

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/microph...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

TechGuy_82, Jun 18, 2020
  4. JoshM_ Win User

No output from microphone in apps despite being active and picking up noise in sound menu

Microphone picks up output sound

For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able
    to hear the audio from the video.

I've got no idea why this is happening, I've tried messing with the Windows and Realtek sound/mic settings but I haven't been able to find a solution yet. I have every single output/input disabled except for
    the headphones and the microphone.

Here's a video of the output audio playing through the microphone:

Sound issues.

My desktop computer is running windows 10, and I'm using a mic splitter to plug the headphones into both input and output (not sure if this might be causing the problem). The headphones I'm using are Skullcandy
    Uproar. From what I understand the mic is built into the part that goes on your ear, not sure if it might be that sound somehow leaking into the microphone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JoshM_, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

No output from microphone in apps despite being active and picking up noise in sound menu

1. No output from microphone in apps despite being active and picking up noise in sound menu - Similar Threads - output microphone apps

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  4. Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up

Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up: So I have been having issues with new computer trying to get my microphone sorted. I have a Turtle Beach wired headset and have an audio splitter connecting it to my desktop. I first tried the front panel connectors and then tried the audio panel on the motherboard at the...
  5. No Microphone is being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Microphone is being picked up: I have two microphones; one on a Razer headset, the other on an Oculus Rift CV1. I started a Discord call with a buddy and noticed the app wasn't picking up my headset mic. I went to Windows Settings and found that when I tested the mic, Windows didn't pick anything up from...
  6. Microphone not picking up sound in third-party apps.

Microphone not picking up sound in third-party apps.: I have an XPS 13 7390. I'm fairly sure all of my drivers are up to date, and when testing the microphone it appears to pick up sound. If I use other software such as Teams, Zoom or Discord people hear me cutting in and out constantly and on voice tests the sound repeated is...
  7. Output sound being deteced by microphone

Output sound being deteced by microphone: Ive been struggling with the desktop sound being heard by my firends when im in call with them on discord, I have read many different forums about how to fix this, but all of them have the same awnser that doesnt work. If anyone has a solution and can share it please do, its...
  8. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  9. Microphone picking up sound from headphones.

Microphone picking up sound from headphones.: I have checked on discord and windows voice recorder. My microphone seems to be picking up sound from games and Youtube. I have tried with different headphones and used a different headphone splitter. So I've narrowed it down to problems with the software. I am using Realtek...
  10. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...