Windows 10: No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

Discus and support No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mic is no longer working and when I looked at the settings, there are no devices shown. Can anyone help walk me through re-installing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MonicaNava2, Apr 12, 2021.

1. No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

My mic is no longer working and when I looked at the settings, there are no devices shown. Can anyone help walk me through re-installing?

:)

MonicaNava2, Apr 12, 2021

2. No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, Apr 12, 2021
  3. syddom93 Win User
    no input or output audio devices found

Unfortunately, that did not work. There is something listed under the sound now in the device manager and that says it is functioning, but i still have no sound and it states there are no input and output devices.

syddom93, Apr 12, 2021
  4. ShogoXT Win User

No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

1. No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help! - Similar Threads - Output Input Devices

2. Windows 11 no sound input or output devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 no sound input or output devices.: I have already troubleshot, updated driver, uninstalled and reinstalled, gone through BIOS check. Microsoft needs to offer a REAL fix to this issue....
  3. Windows 11 no sound input or output devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 no sound input or output devices.: I have already troubleshot, updated driver, uninstalled and reinstalled, gone through BIOS check. Microsoft needs to offer a REAL fix to this issue....
  4. Output only device set as input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output only device set as input.: I recently got a new set of earbuds and I kind of screwed over the settings for it, so now the earbuds are stuck as an input device even though it has no microphone. It now refuses to output sound, and doesn't even register as a output device. Is there an easy way to switch...
  5. Output only device set as input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output only device set as input.: I recently got a new set of earbuds and I kind of screwed over the settings for it, so now the earbuds are stuck as an input device even though it has no microphone. It now refuses to output sound, and doesn't even register as a output device. Is there an easy way to switch...
  6. Output only device set as input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No input or output device.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No input or output device.: My laptop had this weird update, and after the update my laptop crashed a few times. Then after that when I finally logged on, my laptop had no input or output devices. And what I mean is, there is no default sound system where, just as the laptop, it can produce sounds. My...
  8. No input and output devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No input and output devices.: Sound not working after the update. Troubleshooter displaying no audio device installed. I tried updating and reinstalling the sound drivers but nothing changed. I observed that after every updating something starts malfunctioning. It's a lattitud E6430....
  9. Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set Permanent Audio Input/Output Devices: Windows has been driving me up the wall lately, but unfortunately I can't fully migrate to Linux for a number of reasons. I use Voicemeeter to control/route my audio where I need it for various applications. Works a treat and means I have my audio input and output devices...
  10. why is my computer showing no input or output devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my computer showing no input or output devices: I need help turning my sound back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-showing-no-input-or-output/7063725f-11ff-4834-a6e0-88825ca6a756