Windows 10: No password feature after repair upgrade

Discus and support No password feature after repair upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I had been having several audio service errors on Windows. A repair upgrade was suggested as a last resort. After the install at the screen lock I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyFrank1, May 2, 2021.

1. No password feature after repair upgrade

Hi,I had been having several audio service errors on Windows. A repair upgrade was suggested as a last resort. After the install at the screen lock I'm required to enter a pin. I had created one several years ago but had always been signing in with a Password and so can't remember the pin. There is no option on this lock page for Password my previous install gave me the option. I click on "Forgot Pin" and it just restarts and returns me to that Pin only screen lock. I can't seem to find a fix suggested for this particular issue in a search. What can I do?

:)

AshleyFrank1, May 2, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 2, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 2, 2021
  4. aronchick Win User

No password feature after repair upgrade

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 2, 2021
Thema:

No password feature after repair upgrade

1. No password feature after repair upgrade - Similar Threads - password feature repair

2. Windows repair failed after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows repair failed after upgrade: Hi Team,I tried to upgrade my Personal PC from Windows 8 to Windows10 and during the process of this upgrade it crashed. Now its automatically going to the repair mode and unable to repair the upgrade or unable to restore the old version. Now I have downloaded the Windows 10...
  3. Windows repair failed after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows repair failed after upgrade: Hi Team,I tried to upgrade my Personal PC from Windows 8 to Windows10 and during the process of this upgrade it crashed. Now its automatically going to the repair mode and unable to repair the upgrade or unable to restore the old version. Now I have downloaded the Windows 10...
  4. Stuck in automatic repair loop/password not working after password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in automatic repair loop/password not working after password reset: Hello,After getting a pop-up error on my screen every time I started my laptop, I googled the error and saw that a system restore would fix the problem. However, after I did the system restore, my laptop will say “preparing automatic repair” and then go to a “choose an...
  5. Stuck in automatic repair loop/password not working after password reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in automatic repair loop/password not working after password reset: Hello,After getting a pop-up error on my screen every time I started my laptop, I googled the error and saw that a system restore would fix the problem. However, after I did the system restore, my laptop will say “preparing automatic repair” and then go to a “choose an...
  6. Stuck in automatic repair loop/password not working after password reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Repair Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Upgrade: I am trying to repair upgrade windows 10 but this error returns Please helpIs MS edge not in windows 10I am now in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-upgrade/6ee9296a-239e-4ac6-967b-d145fb4dc7b9
  8. ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ASKING PASSWORD AFTER AUTOMATIC UPGRADE: hey my desktop had gone for an automatic upgrade to windows 10. before i did not have any password on it but now it is asking me to enter a password and in that it was telling me to inter Microsoft password i did that too but it is not logging in [ i have tried so many times...
  9. Password Recovery after upgrade

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Recovery after upgrade: I had windows 8.1 single language. I changed my microsoft account password in mobile but not in laptop. After this my laptop didn't recognise my new password. So I logged in using PIN. After few days I downloaded windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft account. I installed...
  10. PASSWORD FOR REPAIR DISK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PASSWORD FOR REPAIR DISK: The repair process will not take my Windows Live Sign-In password. Does the original repair disc have another password associated with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/password-for-repair-disk/9ab84c5b-9fdf-43fd-a0b1-e15b7c48ea0c