Windows 10: No password option after update?

Discus and support No password option after update? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old laptop my brother gave me for the sole purpose of writing for an online writer's group I'm a member of. My desktop accidentally had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shannon Pardy, Jun 24, 2022.

1. No password option after update?

I have an old laptop my brother gave me for the sole purpose of writing for an online writer's group I'm a member of. My desktop accidentally had the motherboard fried. The laptop was very old, very slow, only had like 4G ram, but it did what I wanted. It had Windows 7 on it. When I turned it on, it would ask me for a password, and when I entered that, I could use it normally.The other night it updated itself without my knowledge, and when I next tried to use it, instead of having to enter the password, I have to enter the password of the Microsoft account of the last person who owned it

:)

Shannon Pardy, Jun 24, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

4. No password option after update?

Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

No password option after update?

1. No password option after update? - Similar Threads - password option update

2. No password option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password option.: Why does my windows 11pro have no option for a password? I am not using Windows Hello. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-password-option/b53a8c59-f895-4ae4-9af2-e422ce5af0df
  3. No password option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password option.: Why does my windows 11pro have no option for a password? I am not using Windows Hello. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-password-option/b53a8c59-f895-4ae4-9af2-e422ce5af0df
  4. No password option after update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password option after update?: I have an old laptop my brother gave me for the sole purpose of writing for an online writer's group I'm a member of. My desktop accidentally had the motherboard fried. The laptop was very old, very slow, only had like 4G ram, but it did what I wanted. It had Windows 7 on it....
  5. Problem with password after updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with password after updates: after update passwords don't work email account dropped unable to use lastpass. How do I fix and prevent this from happening again? It happens every time there is a large update. [Original Title: updates]...
  6. No password option or PIN change option

No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  7. Password request after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password request after update: Good day all, I am having an issuse logging into my laptop. 2 days ago the system had an update, I allowed the process toco plate and the next day tried to use it and I am prompt to sign in never happened before because it is an open system there is no bar to enter a...
  8. No password option in "Sing-in options"

No password option in "Sing-in options": Hi, I recently installed Windows on a new ssd on my pc. But I dont seem to be able to select to sing-in with my password from my Microsoft account. The password option is just not there in the menu. I singed in with my microsoft account on where I have a Windows 10 Pro...
  9. No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903?

No option to reset password for local account after update to 1903?: I just updated one of my 2 PCs to 1903 and now I am locked out. It took me to a local login account which I don't remember the password since I always use my Pin. I have tried everything but no luck. I have reset my Microsoft password and verified it works, but this is...
  10. Incorrect password AFTER updating.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect password AFTER updating.: Ok so this has been driving me crazy for the last two months now. Everyday I log into my computer fine with my PIN number and my password. Finally after accepting a windows update time, once it restarts and asks for my password, it tells me that the password is incorrect....