Windows 10: No Password option available to sign in device.

Discus and support No Password option available to sign in device. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just got a new HP Slimline desktop computer and finished setting it up. When I go to sign in for it, I see the PIN number which I set up, but no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Billyv1988, Feb 6, 2021.

1. No Password option available to sign in device.

I just got a new HP Slimline desktop computer and finished setting it up. When I go to sign in for it, I see the PIN number which I set up, but no Password option. Is there a way I can set up a Password option?

:)

Billyv1988, Feb 6, 2021

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 6, 2021
  4. No Password option available to sign in device.

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

No Password option available to sign in device.

1. No Password option available to sign in device. - Similar Threads - Password option available

2. Other sign in options not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other sign in options not available: I'm not able to sign in to my laptop using my correct pin. It asks to keep the laptop powered on for 2 hours or use a different sign in method. I tried keeping it on for 2 hours but no change. It also isn't allowing me to change the sign in method to make use of my password....
  3. Other sign in options not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other sign in options not available: I'm not able to sign in to my laptop using my correct pin. It asks to keep the laptop powered on for 2 hours or use a different sign in method. I tried keeping it on for 2 hours but no change. It also isn't allowing me to change the sign in method to make use of my password....
  4. Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in: On my mothers laptop, she only had a password setup for the login, she never setup a PIN number. Suddenly, the password sign in option is no longer available. Only the PIN number and face ID. Her Face ID would only recognize her with a certain pair of glasses on, which she no...
  5. Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in: On my mothers laptop, she only had a password setup for the login, she never setup a PIN number. Suddenly, the password sign in option is no longer available. Only the PIN number and face ID. Her Face ID would only recognize her with a certain pair of glasses on, which she no...
  6. “Sign in options” not displaying/not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    “Sign in options” not displaying/not available: Normally, when I open my windows 10 computer, I am presented with a password box and a clickable “sign in options”. The second one is not there anymore, and I have forgotten my password. How do I get the sign in options again?...
  7. sign in option with password and picture not available in settings! please help me....

sign in option with password and picture not available in settings! please help me....: I don't know what happened, at first i was logged into a microsoft account on my device, but I don't really know if it's my microsoft or local account, but I remember it was a microsoft outlook account. then after I installed windows again what happened was after I logged...
  8. No option to sign in with password

No option to sign in with password: Hi ALl, I only get the options to sign in to my laptop are fingerprint scanner and the pin. the option for entering the password used to come but doesnt come any more. any help?...
  9. Picture password sign-in option not available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Picture password sign-in option not available in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Picture password is a feature introduced in Windows OS that allows you to create three different gestures on any image of your choice and use […] This article Picture password sign-in option not available in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows Sign-In option not available

Windows Sign-In option not available: [ATTACH] Please have a look to the attached screenshot, why this user can't sign-in by using other options? Sign-In option is just not there and I have tried reinstalling bio-metric driver and also tried updating windows and running sfc scan and creating pin and...