Windows 10: No password option or PIN change option

Discus and support No password option or PIN change option in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MABradle2, Dec 29, 2020.

1. MABradle2 Win User

No password option or PIN change option

I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in options does nothing. Are these two issues related to each other? And how do I fix them? Will I need to reinstall Windows?

I should note that I am currently signing in using a PIN, but it's a weak one and was never meant to be permanent. No password option or PIN change option f1c3fbb5-1949-4ade-8af4-8c669544510a?upload=true.png

:)

MABradle2, Dec 29, 2020

2. Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Judesman Win User

Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

That looks like it. Originally my Local Account password and PIN were the same. I have now entered a new password and set up a PIN. When I log in, the log in box has PIN inside it. My Sign-In option now looks like this:

No password option or PIN change option [​IMG]

Presumably, if I removed my PIN, using the option, I would then have to log in using my password. Is that correct please?

Thank you very much for your help. I now have a password for my MSA, a password for my Local Account and a PIN for the Local Account.

Judesman, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. No password option or PIN change option - Similar Threads - password option PIN

2. No option to change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to change password: Recently my PC had an update and I don't know the password as before the update it was a pin number which I knew and now since I've updated my PC, I don't know the password. There are no options to reset password, I have restarted the PC multiple of times and there are still...
  3. No option to change password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to change password: Recently my PC had an update and I don't know the password as before the update it was a pin number which I knew and now since I've updated my PC, I don't know the password. There are no options to reset password, I have restarted the PC multiple of times and there are still...
  4. No option to change password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows password/pin option

windows password/pin option: so im tryna change my password/pin on my windows computer and whilst i do that, i cant even see the password option, and the pin, isnt even there toowell it is but it says its not available for my computer, but i have a pin to open my computer??????if anyone knows a way to...
  6. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  7. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  8. no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option"

no longer an option to change pin in "sign-in option": Everything is telling me to go to "sign-in options" to change my pin or delete my pin, but changing or deleting my pin is no longer listed as an option... on this weird "Windows Hello" pin, which is not an option either. [ATTACH]...
  9. No option to change the pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to change the pin: I am not getting any option to change my login pin. I get a message that the PIN is not working for organization resources. It is my personal laptop & the windows account that I use to login is also my personal one. Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  10. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...