Windows 10: No password prompt after period of inactivity

Discus and support No password prompt after period of inactivity in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by User 99ZO, Jan 22, 2022.

1. User 99ZO Win User

No password prompt after period of inactivity

My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This makes it so easy for people to access my content, and its disturbs me a lotI want my computer to automatically lock after 5 minutes of inactivity and require my PIN.I am running Windows 11 and my software is up to date.

:)

User 99ZO, Jan 22, 2022

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Feathers Win User
    Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, Jan 22, 2022
  4. No password prompt after period of inactivity

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

No password prompt after period of inactivity

1. No password prompt after period of inactivity - Similar Threads - password prompt period

2. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  3. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity: Good morning, my keyboard has been working properly ever since i bought it, but in the last few days it seems to have a problem.The keys: W, A, S, D, Q, E, *spacebar*, don't work after I don't press them for a while, and start working after just a few seconds, depending on...
  4. Keyboard keys not working after a period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  6. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  7. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  8. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  9. After a period of inactivity, program goes black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a period of inactivity, program goes black?: Hi, After I turn on my laptop from sleep when I've been gone for a period of time, one of the open windows ends up going black. Generally this happens with Chrome, but sometimes it happens with Discord and other programs. Could someone point me to help? Thanks submitted by...
  10. System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Freeze after a random period of inactivity (supposedly): Hi all, I didn't know where to put this thread, but because it has to do with system performance, I thought this might be the best place to post my issues with Win 10. Let me get straight to the point: Up-to-date Windows 10 install (ver 1511 OS Build 10586.36) I haven't...