Windows 10: no password prompt at login screen - windows 10

Discus and support no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 - I can't log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Morejazz, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Morejazz Win User

no password prompt at login screen - windows 10

no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 - I can't log in

:)

Morejazz, Aug 6, 2019
  2. marchinok Win User

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore.

It was working fine until now.

no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 [​IMG]

no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 [​IMG]

I have tried following but no luck.

1. Pressed Windows icon + r to launch a run command - No response
    2. Pressed the space, enter, and any other buttons to launch a password prompt - No response. *It seemed to accept a keyboard entry. i.e. Caps lock works
    3. Tried to start up the Windows 10 using F8 safe mode (I know it does not work for Windows 10 but I tried anyway)
    4. Switched the Microsoft account by selecting lower left corner account options - It did switched the account but no password prompt.

As I can not login to the Windows, I am using my second PC to create the post. Please help.

marchinok, Aug 6, 2019
  3. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hi Marchinok,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    Reset Windows 10 password without using third party tools

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 - Similar Threads - password prompt login

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Logoff/Login password prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  6. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  7. Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt

Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt: My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode. I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success : Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair". "System Restore" in...
  8. Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen

Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen: I'm having trouble with my computer. As of lately, when I boot up my PC, I will get to the normal screen where it will show the time and date. When I do anything to get to the password prompt, such as pressing space, it will show a blank screen with my background image but no...
  9. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....
  10. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 no password prompt at login

2. on boot have to click on screen to get password prompt

3. windows 10 no password prompt

4. why cant i get login prompt for mail on currently.com,
  5. no password prompt at login screen. can not login.,
  6. windows logon no password prompt,
  7. windows no password prompt