Windows 10: No password prompt box

Discus and support No password prompt box in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've tried all the usual options; some from others in the Microsoft community. Is it likely to be due to a failed update? Can anyone help? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MazzaMc, Nov 30, 2020.

1. MazzaMc Win User

No password prompt box

I've tried all the usual options; some from others in the Microsoft community. Is it likely to be due to a failed update?

Can anyone help? Thanks

:)

MazzaMc, Nov 30, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

No password prompt box

Password box not working

Thank you for updating us.

This could be related to having corrupted system files, we recommend that you perform the method provided below.

Method: SFC scan

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.

Refer to these steps to perform an SFC scan:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu, type Command Prompt or cmd in
      the Search box.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
      type the password, or click Yes.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command: “sfc /scannow” and press
      Enter.
    • After the process is finished, restart the computer.

Kindly post back with the status of your concern and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

No password prompt box

1. No password prompt box - Similar Threads - password prompt box

2. Unable to login in deafult account. Password prompt box not appearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login in deafult account. Password prompt box not appearing: I have two accounts in windows 10 default & guest. I am unable to log-in in default account after windows update. Whenever start window then in default account option instead of password prompt box, only sign-in option appears. After clicking the sign-in it comes back to...
  3. Unable to login in deafult account. Password prompt box not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login in deafult account. Password prompt box not appearing: I have two accounts in windows 10 default & guest. I am unable to log-in in default account after windows update. Whenever start window then in default account option instead of password prompt box, only sign-in option appears. After clicking the sign-in it comes back to...
  4. Unable to login in deafult account. Password prompt box not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UAC Password Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Password Prompt: Hello!Now, in my system, when i try to modify it or run an program with administrative rights, it only shows an Yes or No prompt. I want to make it prompt asking for the user password.Is it possible?...
  6. no password box?

in Windows 10 Customization
    no password box?: I am running Windows 10, and whenever I try to sign into my computer, the password box along with my name and the icon above it don't show up. I just got this problem today after my computer blue screened out of nowhere. Everything else on the lock screen appears to be...
  7. Prompt Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prompt Password: Hi, I have 3 email accounts linked to Mail App for windows 10 I would like them to prompt me for password when opening as I need them to be secure for work How do I get them to do this Thanks Elise...
  8. No password prompt on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password prompt on startup: After starting Windows 10, there is no password prompt displayed. After holding the power button to restart, I can still access the BIOS setup. Mouse and keyboard are fully working. However, after trying to restart, everything appears to be booting/loading as normal, but...
  9. No password box

No password box: Hi I have ease of access turned on. It's a Zoostrome Pc. When I turn it on I have no password box on screen. The on screen keyboard works fine. But I can not get moved on. Any help please. I.m sick of seeing the lake and mountain picture. Many thanks Dave...
  10. Password prompts

Password prompts: When I am in the password settings for Gmail, and I want to view passwords for websites that have been stored, windows always prompts me for my windows login and password before I can view the passwords for the websites. How can I disable that feature? I am using windows 10...