Windows 10: No password prompt, starts to show the go back to picture

Discus and support No password prompt, starts to show the go back to picture in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As it is on an always on internet and there is not way to stop it from auto updates it should be running lastes updates. I have tryed the other fixes... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Fineperson83, Jan 24, 2019.

1. No password prompt, starts to show the go back to picture

As it is on an always on internet and there is not way to stop it from auto updates it should be running lastes updates. I have tryed the other fixes but i can not get into safe mode. I also only have one icon in the right hand side of the screen. My network icon. Let computer on went to work came back to it locked like it had restarted. It did a disk check said it was good. Can get into command prompt after a 3 hard power off. But can not force the password prompt to show so i can login. Had to reinstall everything avout 3 months age due to a drive failure. So would really like not to have to do it again. Can not go back to last update point or restore point none there which i do not under stand.

I can get some of the help things to come up from the picture screen but nothing helpful, magnify, narrator, and on screen keyboard. Basically i try windows button and every key.

:)

Fineperson83, Jan 24, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Microsoft Picture manger

Hi Jessica,

To regain access to your photos on your Microsoft Picture Manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below.

Run SFC (System File Checker) using the Command Prompt
    to replace corrupted files to fix issues with the computer programs by following these steps:

• Click Start, type Command Prompt.
    • Right click and select Run as administrator. If prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
      type the password, or click Allow.

• At the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow then press
      Enter.

Note: Do not close the Command Prompt until the verification is 100% complete.

Once it's done, restart your computer and check if the issue is fixed.

Informed us about the process so we can assist you further.

Joseph Ban, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Axonn Win User

No password prompt, starts to show the go back to picture

How can I make Windows 10 show the password textbox at startup, rather than that picture with the time & date?

As soon as Windows 10 boots, it shows a picture together with the clock and date. The user has to click / press a button before the password can be written. This is an extra step that I do not wish to have in the way. I'd like the password prompt to be displayed immediately after boot. How can I do this?

Axonn, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

No password prompt, starts to show the go back to picture

1. No password prompt, starts to show the go back to picture - Similar Threads - password prompt starts

2. Windows 10 Picture Password Not showing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Picture Password Not showing up: I purchased a newto me computer and I cannot access the Picture Password at all, and nor can I figure out how to enable it. I cannot access secpol.msc or gpedit.msc.I'm baffled at this point and If someone could put me in the right direction that would be fantastic.Device...
  3. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  4. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  5. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Prompt Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prompt Password: Hi, I have 3 email accounts linked to Mail App for windows 10 I would like them to prompt me for password when opening as I need them to be secure for work How do I get them to do this Thanks Elise...
  7. pc starts up and freezes when display picture shows. It continues to go black and then the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc starts up and freezes when display picture shows. It continues to go black and then the...: my pc starts up with the display screen and then goes black. It continues to do this and I am unable to get on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-starts-up-and-freezes-when-display-picture/7c71ac4a-9daf-4f77-8259-57712cfe6e92
  8. Laptop randomly going back the password screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop randomly going back the password screen: Hello, I have been experiencing a problem with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. Occasionally, after being on for 5-10 minutes, the laptop goes black for a millisecond, then boots me back to the password screen. After re-entering my password, I get back in (all my applications are...
  9. Password prompts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password prompts: When I am in the password settings for Gmail, and I want to view passwords for websites that have been stored, windows always prompts me for my windows login and password before I can view the passwords for the websites. How can I disable that feature? I am using windows 10...
  10. Picture password not showing, can't log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Picture password not showing, can't log in.: First time posting, long time reader. Long story short, I clean-installed W10 on my aunt's laptop about a year ago. Two weeks ago her daughter borrowed the computer and after that she could no longer log in, because the picture password option disappeared, and she doesn't...