Windows 10: no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network

Discus and support no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1... My 1st desktop uses Windows 10, and it has no problem sharing files with my MacBook or vice versa. My 2nd desktop uses Windows 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jjadejhk, Jan 12, 2021.

1. jjadejhk Win User

no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network

My 1st desktop uses Windows 10, and it has no problem sharing files with my MacBook or vice versa.

My 2nd desktop uses Windows 10 Pro. Although file sharing is all on, files cannot be shared to any devices.

I have tried fixing this 2nd desktop for networking for a while, but nothing is successful. Mainly, neither the 1st desktop nor the MacBook are shown under 2nd desktop's NETWORK.

A. I've checked "network discovery under settings. Everything is on.

B. network discovery Defender is on under firewall recovery settings

C. I've checked the "network ID"

D. I've changed Function Discovery Resource Publication service from Manual to Automatic Delayed Start

E. I've tried direct access the shares by typing IP address, but nothing happened.

All the above I have done did not solve the problems.

Please advise; thanks

:)

jjadejhk, Jan 12, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

vistas sharing permissions... help needed

First make sure "Use Sharing Wizard" is disabled under Folder Options.

Then when you setup the share, set the permissions on the sharing tab, but also you have to set the permissions on the security tab.

newtekie1, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Mike0409 Win User

What I don't understand the following:

Firewalls= Off
    Ownership = Him
    NTFS Security Permissions = Allow user, full control set
    Share permissions = allow user, full control set
    Password Protection = Off

What the fuck is stopping the authentication??

Fit for shit's and giggles, add the user you want to the Security permissions of the Hard drive the share is on.

Meaning if the share is on your C: Drive, go into the Security Tab in the C: drive and add that user. But don't share that Drive out, just set those NTFS permissions.

Mike0409, Jan 12, 2021
  4. no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network

so 2 vista machines running with admin permissions are unable to share files between them in any folder other than public. are the two machines in the same domain and can you atleast see the other machine in your network neighborhood?

Easy Rhino, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network

1. no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network - Similar Threads - permission despite sharing

2. asked parent permission despite being adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  3. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asked parent permission despite being adult: I am an 18 year old man but my microsoft account keeps asking for parent permission and i have no clue where it even sends the message, not to mention i am set to being 18 on my account and am not set to a child account...
  4. asked parent permission despite being adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sharing and permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing and permissions: I need help so bad, been to other forums no one answers I bought new Dell PC and I cannot view my own files and folders on my external hard drive, it just tells me I don't have permissions, I have tried to grant access it just won't let me. ugg, Anyone????????? Oh I am new...
  6. Permissions and Sharing

Permissions and Sharing: I just bought a new PC with windows 10 home pre-installed, I have an external hard drive with music and movies and when I try and view or hear one I get, "You don't have permission to view this, I have tried all the online advice and still I cannot even see my own stuff, any...
  7. Sharing permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing permission: Hi all So for Onedrive, the company I work for have made the decision to turn off the share to all share settings. We have an HR admin who wants to share resources with perspective clients via a link in an email that takes them to a folder/files about the company. I thought...
  8. Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

Permissions Problem in Network Sharing: The last Windows update completely destroyed my computer so I had to do a reset and reinstall all of my programs. The last remaining problem is with network permissions/sharing. The other two computers call them 2 and 3 in the office can see my computer and have full...
  9. Network Permissions

Network Permissions: It is amazing to me that users of Windows 10 are not able to share files between computers--whether another one is using Windows 10 or Windows 7. And the reply posted below to the same question as mine does not work, and there is no update to it after it being posted 3 1/2...
  10. network sharing permissions

network sharing permissions: how to sharing drive and network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sharing-permissions/bbbdb1da-460a-4ac0-a4b7-b4607c900698