Windows 10: no permission to copy files on network

Discus and support no permission to copy files on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers connected to my Network. One of the computer desktop run W10 Pro 1809/64 and connected by Ethernet. The other computer laptop run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wojtek.S, May 29, 2019.

1. Wojtek.S Win User

no permission to copy files on network

I have two computers connected to my Network. One of the computer desktop run W10 Pro 1809/64 and connected by Ethernet. The other computer laptop run W10 Home 1803/64 and connected by WiFi.

Computers see themselves each other, but attempt of the copying of files from one computer on second is ending with the failure. I get message: You need permission to perform this action !

Please, help me.

Wojtek S

:)

Wojtek.S, May 29, 2019

2. User can't copy files from network share. Permission error.

Remove the group association from the users account and have the user log off. Add the group association back to the user account and have them log back in.

Test.

Double check if the user is a member of any other group with lower access level which might conflict with this shared folder/file. Edit if necessary

Test.

Are there issues transferring other files from the same folder. If not create a copy of the file. Purge all permissions and access rights from the copy.. recreate permissions from scratch and copy it over the original.

Test.

TRIPTEX_CAN, May 29, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 29, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. no permission to copy files on network - Similar Threads - permission copy files

2. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  3. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  4. Permission error to open/copy backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission error to open/copy backup files: Hello, I'm Sihyun Park.I have used Windows 10, But upgraded to Windows 11 automatically.After several months, I wanted to go back to Windows 10, But I couldn't.I could go back to Windows 10 only for 10 daysThe only way to go back to Windows 10 was "Reinstall Windows 10".So I...
  5. Permission error to open/copy backup files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission error to open/copy backup files: Hello, I'm Sihyun Park.I have used Windows 10, But upgraded to Windows 11 automatically.After several months, I wanted to go back to Windows 10, But I couldn't.I could go back to Windows 10 only for 10 daysThe only way to go back to Windows 10 was "Reinstall Windows 10".So I...
  6. Permission error to open/copy backup files

7. Copying a file to a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  8. Copying a file to a network drive.

Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  9. copy files with permission issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy files with permission issues: trying to copy files from external drive from local user to azure joined user, but getting permission errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files-with-permission-issues/ce5f122f-b974-4ddc-aeaf-6bdeeb085aff
  10. file permissions home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file permissions home network: I have 2 computers at home running windows 10, same microsoft login Now when I'm connect to my personal LAN I would like to have both computers being able to browse each others files, so I can use the local network to transfer files both ways I tried giving all...