Windows 10: No permission to open files created on other computer?

Discus and support No permission to open files created on other computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joshmillsdesign [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joshmillsdesign, Feb 24, 2021.

1. No permission to open files created on other computer?

/u/joshmillsdesign, Feb 24, 2021

2. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 24, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile No permission to open files created on other computer? :)

jaydeee, Feb 24, 2021
  4. No permission to open files created on other computer?

Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

No permission to open files created on other computer?

1. No permission to open files created on other computer? - Similar Threads - permission open files

2. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files: I downloaded a file locker but then I suddenly couldnt create any files. I deleted the program and tried some solutions I found on the internet but they didnt work. I changed a few things on advanced security settings. I changed owner to Everyone and created a permission...
  3. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files: I downloaded a file locker but then I suddenly couldnt create any files. I deleted the program and tried some solutions I found on the internet but they didnt work. I changed a few things on advanced security settings. I changed owner to Everyone and created a permission...
  4. I Do Not Have Permission to Create Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. permission to open files

permission to open files: after upgrading from win 7 to win 10, i hardly open other logical hard disks and ahh folders or files on them are locked and it says you have not permission to open this file....
  6. New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joshmillsdesign [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqoq0i/new_files_created_on_the_network_wont_open_with/
  7. "You do not have permission to open this file."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You do not have permission to open this file.": How can i fix this error? I have admin, i tried takeown /f, and it still won't let me open it submitted by /u/Jakepuff6523 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ec1djk/you_do_not_have_permission_to_open_this_file/
  8. Changing file permission for other user not working

Changing file permission for other user not working: I am trying to set a file to read only on a user account but after setting the for the user to read only he still has full control of the file !! These are the steps I have done; 1. Copied file to X:\Users\Test User\Documents 2. Right Click file > Properties...
  9. Permission to open and edit files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to open and edit files: I am the only user of my home laptop. I log in as Administrator and want to open files I set up as User but am denied permission. How can I gain permission to view and edit them as Administrator?...
  10. Permission denied to create or copy files in d:\

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permission denied to create or copy files in d:\: I don't know why, but I have no access to create or copy files directly in d:\. Creating directory works though. When I want to copy or create for example a txt file, explorer says: https://i.imgur.com/SEDohJ7.png Looking into NTFS rights, I already have all right and...