Windows 10: No permission to save files from Scanner apps & Tax software

Discus and support No permission to save files from Scanner apps & Tax software in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Error meassage when I try to save a file from a multiple brand scanners. Could not save file from downloaded turbo tax software. I can save all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vincentdi, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Vincentdi Win User

No permission to save files from Scanner apps & Tax software

Error meassage when I try to save a file from a multiple brand scanners.

Could not save file from downloaded turbo tax software.

I can save all other files, word. exec, internet sites, photos....

2 year old Dell Insperon 17, 5759, i7, 64b, 16gb ram, Windows 10 pro, ver. 1803

Thanks....

:)

Vincentdi, Jan 20, 2019

2. Permissions to save updated files denied

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it resolve the permission issue.

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.
    • Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
      Advance tab.
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
    • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
    • Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
    • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
      importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
    • Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder
      and all sub-folders
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 20, 2019
  3. PERMISSION to ACCESS or SAVE FILES

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would like to know if your computer is connected to a domain network.

I suggest you to login with Microsoft account and check. If the issue still persist, follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 2:

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type Netplwiz.
    • Find the User account in which the issue persist.
    • Click Properties button.
    • Go to Group Membership Tab
    • Choose Administrator.
    • Click on Apply and Ok button.
    • Sign out and Sign in from the use account.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 20, 2019
  4. No permission to save files from Scanner apps & Tax software

unable to open videos and how to scan documents from scanner/printer/fax

Hi Marielnzalaco,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• From which media you are trying to play the videos?
    • Is this issue specific only to the downloaded YouTube videos?
    • From which web browser you are trying to download the videos?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you play the videos?
    Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1.

First save the video and then try playing it. Once the file is saved right click on the file and then choose
    open with and select one of the installed video players to open it.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Step 2.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the temporary files and then check.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type %Temp% and click on OK.
    A folder full of files and other folders will appear. Delete all the files inside the temporary folder and then try downloading the video again and check.

Follow the below steps to scan something into your computer:

I suggest you to open the Scan app from the Start menu. If you don't spot the Scan app on the Start menu, click the words All Apps in the Start menu's bottom-left corner. The Start menu lists all of its apps alphabetically.

Click the Scan app, and the Scan app appears on the screen. If it complains that your scanner isn't connected, make sure you've connected the USB cord between your computer and the scanner and that the scanner is turned on.

If your scanner’s plugged in and turned on, the scan app lists your scanner's name, shown here, and the file type used for saving your files.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

No permission to save files from Scanner apps & Tax software

1. No permission to save files from Scanner apps & Tax software - Similar Threads - permission save files

2. .HR Block tax software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  3. .HR Block tax software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .HR Block tax software: I can not open H&R Block Business program after update to windows11 from windows 10. Also wont work in compatibility mode for Windows 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hr-block-tax-software/6934a8b3-57ef-48f7-aaf1-6b05a6165e42
  4. Trouble activating Turbo Tax Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble activating Turbo Tax Software: The latest upgrades have caused Turbo Tax to stop fully loading. It appears that all consumers are having the same problems since the latest upgrade to 21H21. Does anyone have a fix? Some have overcome this by 100% scaling and lower resolution but it hasn't helped me at all....
  5. Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine: Good MorningI have a PC specific issue which is doing my head in! Was wondering if anyone is able to help.The symptoms:Saving any file to the local PC is fineSaving any file to a network share on multiple file servers brings up an error message: \\path to network shareYou...
  6. Tax software will not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tax software will not install: I am trying to install HR Block tax software. Each time, I am prompted to allow access to the drive I select Yes, and then nothing. I have turned off the antivirus Norton and firewall, no difference. I have disabled OneDrive, again nothing. Is there something in Windows...
  7. Saving XML file for efiling of Income tax file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saving XML file for efiling of Income tax file: For efiling of income tax return ITR3 I have prepared an XML file. Trying to save it I get a 'runtime error 5' message. How to solve this problem?...
  8. Coping from a scanner with out having to uses a 2nd software and saving it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Coping from a scanner with out having to uses a 2nd software and saving it.: In the older windows I could copy an Idem from my scanner strait into my document that I was working on. Now with window 10 I have to use another program to copy it and then copy and past into the document that I am working on. That takes time and it is just...
  9. Screen scanner software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen scanner software: Hello all . I'm wondering if there is an application software which continuously scan/search screen for some image patterns which user input to the software and in case of match call another application or script or program
  10. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scanner no permission to documents folder