Windows 10: "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

Discus and support "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GuanPeter, Jan 20, 2022.

1. GuanPeter Win User

"No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5 folders from the ISO cannot be deleteted, it shows me that i need "COMPUTERNAME/ADMINISTRATORS" permission to even process any steps. i figure out a way to delete some of it however some of the rest cannot be deleted.and also the Dowloads folder the little down arrow one appeared in windows explorer if not clear cannot write any new file, when i download something from chrome and try to save it there, it saids that i have no permission to save

:)

GuanPeter, Jan 20, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

You don't have permissions to save in this folder

Which folder are you trying to save to?

If you aren't using the true administrator there will be certainly places you can't save to, or even access unless you manually change the security permissions to allow yourself access.

newtekie1, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Permissions to save updated files denied

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it resolve the permission issue.

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.
    • Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
      Advance tab.
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
    • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
    • Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
    • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
      importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
    • Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder
      and all sub-folders
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 20, 2022
  4. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

"No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

1. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder - Similar Threads - Permission save downloads

2. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I do not have permissions to save files in folders.: So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-permissions-to-save-files-in-folders/9740be92-fac7-4892-a49c-55036de0c028
  3. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not have permissions to save files in folders.: So i cannot save a file that i used a few days ago I also cannot include screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-permissions-to-save-files-in-folders/9740be92-fac7-4892-a49c-55036de0c028
  4. I do not have permissions to save files in folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. You don't have permission to download files to downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You don't have permission to download files to downloads folder.: Ever since few days, I am facing this problem that whenever I try to download anything to the downloads folder I get the error"You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission."This is annoying as the downloads folder is for...
  6. You don't have permission to download files to downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You don't have permission to download files to downloads folder.: Ever since few days, I am facing this problem that whenever I try to download anything to the downloads folder I get the error"You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission."This is annoying as the downloads folder is for...
  7. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

"No Permission" to save on my downloads folder: So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5 folders from the ISO cannot be deleteted, it shows me that i need "COMPUTERNAME/ADMINISTRATORS" permission to even process any...
  8. "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No Permission" to save on my downloads folder: So 2 days ago I extraced a Windows 11 ISO package to my downloads folder with DISM++.after that i don't want the extraced files anymore however the 5 folders from the ISO cannot be deleteted, it shows me that i need "COMPUTERNAME/ADMINISTRATORS" permission to even process any...
  9. can not save to downloads folder!

can not save to downloads folder!: Windows Home 20H2 19042.928I've moved downloads, documents, etc from the "users" folder to their own folders on D: and E: drives as described herehttps://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-change-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/All of a...
  10. Saving files and download in one folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving files and download in one folder: Hi guys, it is possible to always save and download in one folder windows 10? 123933