Windows 10: No Permission to View Files

Discus and support No Permission to View Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have transferred files from my old windows 10 desktop to a flash drive for storage. jpg, word, excel, png, etc. I have gotten rid of that old desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MJAllred, Aug 13, 2020.

1. MJAllred Win User

No Permission to View Files

I have transferred files from my old windows 10 desktop to a flash drive for storage. jpg, word, excel, png, etc. I have gotten rid of that old desktop and am trying to open the files on my new windows 10 laptop.

When I double click to open the file, it will give me an empty window, refer to the picture below. When I check the permissions of that file, it has my old desktop user-id under permission to use, but I can't add my new laptop to be allowed to have permission.

This was all done under the same Microsoft account both on my old desktop and my new laptop. Any info on how to be able to view the files would be greatly appreciated.

No Permission to View Files d2d1edbb-6ccd-42c3-809d-444ae3a9e880?upload=true.png

:)

MJAllred, Aug 13, 2020

2. do not have permission to view file

Hello Martina,

If you want to have permission to view the files, we highly suggest following the suggestions posted by Joy Kemprai in this
    thread.

Quite a few people found her suggestions helpful.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Unable to view transferred files on the computer due to file permission issue on Windows 10.

Hi Andrea,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Which photo viewing application are you using on the computer?
    • Did you check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing application?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing applications on the computer. If you are facing similar issue and able to access the old computer, check if you are able to view the picture files on connecting
    the external device.

If you are able to access pictures in the old computer, give Full Control permissions to the folder by following the steps suggested in the above post, copy the same to an external drive and transfer onto the new computer and check
    if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to view photo files on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 13, 2020
  4. No Permission to View Files

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

No Permission to View Files

1. No Permission to View Files - Similar Threads - Permission View Files

2. Showing you don't have permission to view this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing you don't have permission to view this file: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows explorer while trying to view photos in an internal Local disk D. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images....
  3. Showing you don't have permission to view this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing you don't have permission to view this file: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows explorer while trying to view photos in an internal Local disk D. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images....
  4. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  5. Dont have permission to view files

Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  6. It appears you do not have permission to view this file - OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It appears you do not have permission to view this file - OneDrive: Some of my folders in my personal one drive will not open.They are downloaded to my hard drive indicated by green tick but will not allow me to open them, getting the error - "It appears you do not have permission to view this file".I can however open the files on another PC...
  7. It appears you do not have permission to view this file - OneDrive

It appears you do not have permission to view this file - OneDrive: Some of my folders in my personal one drive will not open.They are downloaded to my hard drive indicated by green tick but will not allow me to open them, getting the error - "It appears you do not have permission to view this file".I can however open the files on another PC...
  8. Permission needed to view photos

Permission needed to view photos: Anytime I try to open a photo from files, it says "Class not registered", and anytime I try to view a photo in the Photos app, it says I don't have permission to view it even though it is my photo. I've tried giving the file Full Permissions, I've tried doing a clean boot,...
  9. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: I have a large photo file for which I cannot open any files with any photo viewer and only receive this error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-looks-like-you-dont-have-permission-to-view/11f61855-0459-4bf5-9eda-e0777972647c
  10. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows photos app while trying to view photos in an external HDD. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images. My PC...