Windows 10: No Permissions After Recovering Files

Discus and support No Permissions After Recovering Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, so here's my situation. I had a laptop that I had to reinstall windows on, thus creating a Windows.old folder. Well, I recently went to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tman1314, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Tman1314 Win User

No Permissions After Recovering Files

Ok, so here's my situation. I had a laptop that I had to reinstall windows on, thus creating a Windows.old folder.

Well, I recently went to find a find in the documents of the Windows.old folder and noticed they were gone. So I started a recovery program to get them back by taking the hard drive out and connecting it to my desktop through an external hard drive hub and began recovering the files. After I finished I re-installed the hard drive back into the laptop and started it up.

Now everything started fine, but I noticed some of my icons were the white page icon instead of the normal one. So I tried to click go to the documents I recovered and noticed a shortcut that had no icon didn't work. So I attempted to fix it by creating a new shortcut and noticed the system wouldn't let me create any new shortcuts. So for one reason or another, I decided to check my regular documents and pictures and lo and behold I got an error on the documents saying access denied and an error on the pictures saying I needed read permissions to view them.

So to try to remedy this I added the user profile for the entire C: drive as the owner and gave it full control. It still didn't fix the problem and I'm stumped on where to go next from here. If anyone has any insight or maybe had a similar problem I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

:)

Tman1314, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Mar 13, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Mar 13, 2019
  4. No Permissions After Recovering Files

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

No Permissions After Recovering Files

1. No Permissions After Recovering Files - Similar Threads - Permissions Recovering Files

2. Recover files after resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover files after resetting: So since I had multiple userss in my system, I put the extra security method through which only I can access my folder when my user account is running, I had this setting on a long time ago and forgot about it and recently reset the pc fully, now since my account is gone I...
  3. Recover files after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover files after resetting: So since I had multiple userss in my system, I put the extra security method through which only I can access my folder when my user account is running, I had this setting on a long time ago and forgot about it and recently reset the pc fully, now since my account is gone I...
  4. Recover files after resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering a drive with all permissions revoked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering a drive with all permissions revoked: I inadvertently disallowed all permissions including me, the Administrator on an external SSD Drive attached to my Windows 10 computer. How do I recover the drive?...
  6. Recover Files after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Files after Factory Reset: can files be recovered after gutmann 35 pass then windows 10 factory reset restored pc to basic. all files gone. then pc used for 3 days [Original Title: reset]...
  7. Recovering Files After a Clean Install

Recovering Files After a Clean Install: Recently I had to perform a clean install and am now "reassembling" my programs and files. Before cleaning my disk I used Windows File History to save my data on an external drive. I've searched for how to restore my files but anything I've found assumes that the backup was...
  8. recovering files after partition recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovering files after partition recovery: I restored a Macrium image on my C: drive but forgot that I'd written a couple of Cubase projects between the making of the image (20th July) and the restore date (25th July) I usually write the Cubase projects to a different disk AND a backup but overlooked these 2 for some...
  9. recover files after a full restore

recover files after a full restore: How can I recover data and files after a full restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-files-after-a-full-restore/21d82904-6e3e-43ab-a68b-1c1e609012ca
  10. recovering files after a clean install

recovering files after a clean install: hey everyone, I am trying to recover some files after my computer crashed and I installed windows 10 thereafter. Could you please suggest a good method/software ideally free or not too expensive to help me with this?...