Windows 10: No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

Discus and support No permissions to save to my own computer anymore? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeErickson8, Mar 24, 2022.

1. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for many years. About a week ago now i restarted my computer after an update downloaded funny because it still does this despite me going in and selecting to not download anything and go over all that but thats yet another complaint i have about the idiots that make windows ANYWAY. After this last restart now i can no longer sa

:)

MikeErickson8, Mar 24, 2022

2. Permissions to save updated files denied

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it resolve the permission issue.

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.
    • Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
      Advance tab.
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
    • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
    • Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
    • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
      importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
    • Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder
      and all sub-folders
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 24, 2022
  3. Intermittent Issues with Permissions and Saving

Hi Human,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Does this issue occur only with the particular application?

Step 1

Open the notepad application, try to save a test file and check if you are able to save the file. If you still gets the same error, then follow the bellow suggestions.

Try the below suggested step to verify whether if you have logged in as an administrator.

Step 2

1. Open the run command (Windows + R key). Type in “Netplwiz” and click on
      Enter to open the User Account settings box.
    2. Now select the user account that is giving you the error message.
    3. Click on Properties button and click on
      Group Membership tab.
    4. Here you can set the level of access that you want to give the user.
    5. Select Administrator and click
      Apply/Ok
      and exit.
    Restart your computer and check the status of the issue.

Step 3

Sometimes the user profile corruption might also be the possible cause for this issue. Hence you may try creating a new user profile and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account in
    Windows 10

You may also refer "Access Denied" or other errors
    when you access or work with files and folders in Windows for
    more information about the permission issues.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 24, 2022
  4. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

PERMISSION to ACCESS or SAVE FILES

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would like to know if your computer is connected to a domain network.

I suggest you to login with Microsoft account and check. If the issue still persist, follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 2:

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type Netplwiz.
    • Find the User account in which the issue persist.
    • Click Properties button.
    • Go to Group Membership Tab
    • Choose Administrator.
    • Click on Apply and Ok button.
    • Sign out and Sign in from the use account.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

1. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore? - Similar Threads - permissions save own

2. I'm the adult and it still has me ask for permission on my OWN COMPUTER!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm the adult and it still has me ask for permission on my OWN COMPUTER!!!!!!: I've about freaking had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to ask for permission on my own damn computer??????????????? I can't even change the preferences bc I need to ask for permission for that too?!?!?!?!?!...
  3. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  4. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  5. Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else...: I'm just trying to save a game file onto my SSD, but for some reason it says that I need administrator permission, but I AM the administrator. My user profile says that I am an administrator, and I've never had issues with this sort of thing until just now. I've been able to...
  6. Lost permission to my own OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost permission to my own OneDrive folder: Hello, I have a OneDrive folder with family photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the objects in that folder that I don't have read permissions so I cannot view the photo/video. When I right click on the...
  7. my own computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my own computer.: I am only one ever to use my computer. I want to be the admin and I should be admin. How do I change me as user to me being the admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-own-computer/e10bc47f-b89e-4be6-b019-90d5d5e2ecaf
  8. Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder: Hello, I have a OneDrive folder with photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the objects in that folder that I don't have read permissions so I cannot view the photo/video. When I right click on the folder...
  9. This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TFK_001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epup53/this_is_my_own_computer_why_dont_i_have/
  10. Permission For My Own User Folder On Different Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permission For My Own User Folder On Different Computer: Hi - i searched for this but didn't find anything related to my exact situation I have a win 10 Pro laptop that won't boot - not sure why... Anyway, I took the SSD out, and used a USB adapter to get the files onto another computer. The drive loads fine and is visible on the...