Windows 10: No photos screensaver

Discus and support No photos screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This seems to have happened since the last Windows update. I had a photo set as 'wallpaper' or background but also had a screensaver which showed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rosie69ZP, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Rosie69ZP Win User

No photos screensaver

This seems to have happened since the last Windows update. I had a photo set as 'wallpaper' or background but also had a screensaver which showed photos from my photo gallery - each one for a few seconds. But I cant seem to set this up now. Any help appreciated. Thanks

:)

Rosie69ZP, Jul 4, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.No photos screensaver :)

terrace, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Screensaver

Hi Brenda,

If the screensavers you want to use are only available in the Webshots program, then the program should be reloaded or reinstalled (if it's uninstalled) in order to use it as those screensavers or photos are not saved on your computer.

If you don't want to use the generic screensavers available in the Screen Saver Settings, you may use your own photos as screensavers. Just make sure to put all the photos in your Picture folder. To enable it, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Screen saver settings.
    2. Click the dropdown under screen saver and set it to Photos.
    3. Click the Settings option beside it and select the Picture
      folder where the photos are saved.
    4. Click Apply, then OK.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. I'm here to help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 4, 2020
  4. No photos screensaver

Photo Gallery as screensaver.

This problem arose after installing 'Creator update', three days ago, on my Win10 pro with 16Gb Ram.

Everything works as before with one exception. I was using Photo Gallery as screensaver. After the update, Photo gallery screensaver starts and works as it should. But Mouse movement or Keyboard input has no effect in stopping screensaver and going back
    to desktop. Using, ctrl-alt-del combination is the only way to get back to desktop.

I changed screensaver to other options, like Bubbles, 3D writing and all the others available screensavers. Mouse and Keyboard wakes up the system and Desktop pops up in all other screensavers. Only when using Photo Gallery, movement of Mouse or Keyboard
    produces no effect.

There are no other peripherals on my system.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

nazimzaman, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

No photos screensaver

1. No photos screensaver - Similar Threads - photos screensaver

2. How can you get windows 11 Photo screensaver to use both screens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you get windows 11 Photo screensaver to use both screens?: I've read a lot of threads on this issue and have found no explanation why in windows 10 I could set my screensaver to Photo Slideshow and it would alternate photos on both screens. I cannot get this to work in any manner in Windows 11. I'm finding a lot of things I can no...
  3. How can you get windows 11 Photo screensaver to use both screens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can you get windows 11 Photo screensaver to use both screens?: I've read a lot of threads on this issue and have found no explanation why in windows 10 I could set my screensaver to Photo Slideshow and it would alternate photos on both screens. I cannot get this to work in any manner in Windows 11. I'm finding a lot of things I can no...
  4. Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos: I recently upgraded my monitor from a standard Connection into an HDMI connection. Once I did that my screen saver now shows borders of pictures and the center of the screen is simply black. I'd like to have my photo slideshow back if possible, Please and Thank you....
  5. Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos

Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos: I recently upgraded my monitor from a standard Connection into an HDMI connection. Once I did that my screen saver now shows borders of pictures and the center of the screen is simply black. I'd like to have my photo slideshow back if possible, Please and Thank you....
  6. Windows 10 Photo screensaver "hides" most of photos

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Pan Zoom / Ken Burns / Crossfade Screensaver or Slideshow for 2000 Photos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pan Zoom / Ken Burns / Crossfade Screensaver or Slideshow for 2000 Photos...: Hi!In our dental office we use Screens on the ceiling to distract patients during treatment. These Screens show JPGs of nature, architecture, etc. We have a dedicated PC running in the basement, which delivers the video signal via HDMI/LAN Bridges throughout the office,As our...
  8. Pan Zoom / Ken Burns / Crossfade Screensaver or Slideshow for 2000 Photos...

Pan Zoom / Ken Burns / Crossfade Screensaver or Slideshow for 2000 Photos...: Hi!In our dental office we use Screens on the ceiling to distract patients during treatment. These Screens show JPGs of nature, architecture, etc. We have a dedicated PC running in the basement, which delivers the video signal via HDMI/LAN Bridges throughout the office,As our...
  9. How to set Photos as a Screensaver in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set Photos as a Screensaver in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In Windows 11 or Windows 10, PC users can easily customize the Screen saver. For example, you can change Screen saver timeout settings, Password Protect Screen saver, and so on. In this post, we will show you how to set Photos as Screen saver in Windows 11/10. How to...
  10. Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting HEIC support in Windows 10 Photo screensaver: Hi, I am trying unsuccessfully to display my heic format photos in the photos screensaver. I have installed the heif/heic image extension below, but when the screensaver tries to display an heic format photo, it just has the generic mountain thumbnail rather than showing the...