Windows 10: No PIN option at Login screen, only Password option. Can't access my computer. Please help!

Discus and support No PIN option at Login screen, only Password option. Can't access my computer. Please help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everyone solution I'm coming across online assumes I'm already logged in to Windows and can make changes, but I'm in an endless loop of hitting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Help_An_Irishman, Jan 10, 2020.

1. No PIN option at Login screen, only Password option. Can't access my computer. Please help!

Everyone solution I'm coming across online assumes I'm already logged in to Windows and can make changes, but I'm in an endless loop of hitting the login screen and no longer having the option to enter my PIN. There's no drop down menu to switch methods.

I've been having tremendous trouble with a "Can't connect to this network" error when trying to connect to my wifi (every other device in the house connects just fine), and I recently reached the BIOS trying to get into Safe Mode w Networking, but didn't change anything.

Thanks so much for any help here!

submitted by /u/Help_An_Irishman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Help_An_Irishman, Jan 10, 2020

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 10, 2020
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 10, 2020
  4. No PIN option at Login screen, only Password option. Can't access my computer. Please help!

Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

No PIN option at Login screen, only Password option. Can't access my computer. Please help!

1. No PIN option at Login screen, only Password option. Can't access my computer. Please help! - Similar Threads - PIN option Login

2. No login possible, only option is PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login possible, only option is PIN: I am locked out of my computer. I never used a PIN to log in, always face recognition. Now it tells me that I have entered an incorrect PIN too many times. It also prompts the challenge phrase and restart. There are no other options at all. I can access this account on...
  3. No login possible, only option is PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login possible, only option is PIN: I am locked out of my computer. I never used a PIN to log in, always face recognition. Now it tells me that I have entered an incorrect PIN too many times. It also prompts the challenge phrase and restart. There are no other options at all. I can access this account on...
  4. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  5. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  6. Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?: Hi, I've been using a local login for my Win 10 but after reading I added a Pin. My question is when I log in now, I'm still given the option of using my passowrd or pin. I thought the purpose of having a Pin was to do away with the password option? Can I disable the password...
  7. Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password: Hi,This windows laptop has three accounts configured with one account as admin. Unfortunately, I forgot the PIN for the Admin account. If the other members trying to download any app it asks for Admin account PIN. Though I remember the Admin account password, I don't have the...
  8. No option to use PIN on the login screen

No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  9. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  10. No option to create a login password and remove pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to create a login password and remove pin: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Exotic_Disk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg9gfg/no_option_to_create_a_login_password_and_remove/