Windows 10: No pin or password . . .

Discus and support No pin or password . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I shouldn't, have to come to the Forum for this.But, I'm sure I'll get the right answer.I have a pin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Jun 13, 2021.

1. No pin or password . . .

My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I shouldn't, have to come to the Forum for this.But, I'm sure I'll get the right answer.I have a pin, to login to my computer.I want to eliminate, entering it.I want, to turn on my computer.And, have it go right to my desktop.My computer, is in my home.No security risk. So making this change. Is OK.Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 13, 2021
  4. No pin or password . . .

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

No pin or password . . .

1. No pin or password . . . - Similar Threads - pin password

2. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  3. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  4. My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...: My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password password either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-login-shows-something-happen-to-my-pin-isnt/af0da9ec-a993-45cd-81c4-d955eabfbaa6
  5. My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...: My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password password either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-login-shows-something-happen-to-my-pin-isnt/af0da9ec-a993-45cd-81c4-d955eabfbaa6
  6. My login shows: Something happen to my pin isnt available and it won't take my password...

7. I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...: I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I enter it and after that the mouse icon will slide endlessly until I move it. When I go to Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you can change the PIN code there. But when I log in to my profile, the...
  8. I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...

I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I...: I put a password on the laptop, and when I try to put a pin code, it asks for a password I enter it and after that the mouse icon will slide endlessly until I move it. When I go to Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you can change the PIN code there. But when I log in to my profile, the...
  9. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...
  10. How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...

How can I login to my Windows 10 laptop when it won't accept the password and the pin...: Two days ago I changed my laptop's pin windows hello and since then I have not been able to login to my laptop. The password no longer works, I cannot finish setting up my pin on the sign in page, I cannot reset the password since my only option is to use a USB flash with the...