Windows 10: No PIN requirement on booting Windows

Discus and support No PIN requirement on booting Windows in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, When I formatted my PC I found that I had a problem with my PIN, I couldn't remove it using the standard procedure, so I tweaked something using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pantelhs_, May 9, 2021.

1. Pantelhs_ Win User

No PIN requirement on booting Windows

Hi, When I formatted my PC I found that I had a problem with my PIN, I couldn't remove it using the standard procedure, so I tweaked something using netpwliz or gpedit I can't remember. Now, whenever I boot my Windows I am greeted by my account's profile picture and the Welcome message and it goes straight to the desktop. Thing is I want to add a PIN requirement again but my computer just won't display it on startup. The PIN field is only shown when I use Ctrl + Alt + Del and use the Lock option. But whenever I restart or boot my PC I go straight to the desktop without the requirement f

:)

Pantelhs_, May 9, 2021
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Pro 4 boot require Pin

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot issue, we suggest that you boot in safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, May 9, 2021
  3. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, May 9, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 9, 2021
Thema:

1. No PIN requirement on booting Windows - Similar Threads - PIN requirement booting

2. Motherboard replaced in a dell xps13. on boot up it requires a pin reset which requires an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard replaced in a dell xps13. on boot up it requires a pin reset which requires an...: Dell XPS 13-9310Motherboard failed and replaced by Dell. Did a Windows reset with saving personal files. On boot up, I get a message that my "pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again." When clicked it...
  3. Administrator Requires PIN

Administrator Requires PIN: When I log onto my personal laptop, ever since I bought it, there has been this notice that my administrator requires a PIN. I have to change it every so often, and it is annoying. This is my personal laptop, purchased by me for personal use, and there should not be any...
  4. Sudden PIN requirement

Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  5. PIN Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Requirements: A month after updating to Windows 11, I got a notification stating that my organization requires I change my Pin code. This is a personal computer and no organization is involved. I don't want to have to change the Pin every month, but can't find where to change this...
  6. PIN Requirements

PIN Requirements: A month after updating to Windows 11, I got a notification stating that my organization requires I change my Pin code. This is a personal computer and no organization is involved. I don't want to have to change the Pin every month, but can't find where to change this...
  7. Windows Pin Required

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Pin Required: When I have followed the posted directions for deleting the pin, it does not work. It will not allow me to leave it blank. It actually says it is required. I would really rather not have to enter one in each and every time. Can you help?...
  8. disable required sign-in/PIN upon boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable required sign-in/PIN upon boot: i did the obvious and disabled PIN which we all know does nothing. i typed netplwiz in the search and unticked the "must enter password to use this computer" box for all users. this seemed to work for a few days but today when i booted up from sleep it asked for my password...
  9. Windows requires pin immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows requires pin immediately: Even when setting windows to never require sign in I have to sign in with pin again on screensaver how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-requires-pin-immediately/c9e8d325-667a-47e4-ac58-30dbe859c0b8
  10. Windows 10 requires pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 requires pin: I removed the pin from being used. However, after rebooting system is still requiring me to enter one. I do not want to use a pin to enter Windows 10. this is a problem....