Windows 10: no place to imsert cd

Discus and support no place to imsert cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased a HP Laptop and do not have a slot or place to insert a cd I have tried all the fixes I could find can someone give me some insight to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ELLENBROWN1, Jan 4, 2020.

1. no place to imsert cd

I just purchased a HP Laptop and do not have a slot or place to insert a cd I have tried all the fixes I could find can someone give me some insight to this problem ? Thank you.

:)

ELLENBROWN1, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Bree, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jan 4, 2020
  4. no place to imsert cd

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

no place to imsert cd

1. no place to imsert cd - Similar Threads - place imsert

2. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.: My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose...
  3. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.: My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose...
  4. IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails: WE ahve 35 systems that will not complete an in-place upgrade to windows 11. We ahv e tried the assistance, a USB drive, and an ISO but all systems will have an errow when it reboots to windows 11 for the first time. I am confident the issue is with a driver however, I am...
  5. IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails

IN-Place upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 Fails: WE ahve 35 systems that will not complete an in-place upgrade to windows 11. We ahv e tried the assistance, a USB drive, and an ISO but all systems will have an errow when it reboots to windows 11 for the first time. I am confident the issue is with a driver however, I am...
  6. Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.: As I’ve said in the question.Windows won’t shut down:When I press on the shutdown button the screen goes blank for like 10 seconds and then it just shows me the login again.Using a .bat with shutdown /s /t 0 does work and I am currently resorting to using itWhen I try to...
  7. Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.

Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.: As I’ve said in the question.Windows won’t shut down:When I press on the shutdown button the screen goes blank for like 10 seconds and then it just shows me the login again.Using a .bat with shutdown /s /t 0 does work and I am currently resorting to using itWhen I try to...
  8. Windows won’t Update, Shut down and be in place Upgraded.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My Windows 11 emoji display keeps showing rectangle place holders in each category's menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 emoji display keeps showing rectangle place holders in each category's menu.: How can I fix this? If I hover over the place holder, it does say the description, but I can't actually see the image. The emoji tray used to work perfectly in Windows 10 on my workstation....
  10. My Windows 11 emoji display keeps showing rectangle place holders in each category's menu.

My Windows 11 emoji display keeps showing rectangle place holders in each category's menu.: How can I fix this? If I hover over the place holder, it does say the description, but I can't actually see the image. The emoji tray used to work perfectly in Windows 10 on my workstation....