Windows 10: No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

Discus and support No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rajan Bhat, Feb 29, 2024.

1. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk drives G:. However suddenly the next day when i double click the drive, I don't see any pop-up that asks for a password, nothing happens literally. I don't even see the Device encryption option in Settings. I do see the 'Manage Bitlocker' option but when i click on it, it just does nothing. I tried Restarting the PC multiple times, but no luck. Can someone please help me here?

:)

Rajan Bhat, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Ratandeep Win User

No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

Unlock BitLocker protected drive, forgot password

Hello Clifford,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

You can use "BitLocker Drive Encryption" to help protect your operating system drive (the drive where Windows is installed), a fixed data drive (such as an internal hard drive), or a removable data drive (such as a USB flash drive).

I would suggest you to refer the following articles and check if it helps.

Refer:

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/bitlocker-recovery-keys-faq

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Note: Please do not perform reset or factory reset at present.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

1. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive. - Similar Threads - pop enter bitlocker

2. The Bitlocker Stuck in " Enter password to unlock "?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Bitlocker Stuck in " Enter password to unlock "?: Dear helper I have did encryption to removal drive SSD hard disk but the progress still working , I plugged in the removal disk many times to the USBWhen I try to unlock it , it take too much time to unlock it, when it finish unlocking it shows the progress still encrypting...
  3. The Bitlocker Stuck in " Enter password to unlock "?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Bitlocker Stuck in " Enter password to unlock "?: Dear helper I have did encryption to removal drive SSD hard disk but the progress still working , I plugged in the removal disk many times to the USBWhen I try to unlock it , it take too much time to unlock it, when it finish unlocking it shows the progress still encrypting...
  4. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.: I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk drives G:. However suddenly the next day when i double click the drive, I don't see any pop-up that asks for a password, nothing...
  5. The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked: Hi,I get the "The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked" message trying to open a drive that looks locked but its not.If I right click the drive and select "Open in new window" the drive opens in a new window.So it is unlocked, but File Explorer think it is...
  6. The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked

The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked: Hi,I get the "The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked" message trying to open a drive that looks locked but its not.If I right click the drive and select "Open in new window" the drive opens in a new window.So it is unlocked, but File Explorer think it is...
  7. Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?: I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop.My D drive is Bitlocker protected.If I reinstall Windows 10, would the Bitlocker protected drive will be unprotected or unlocked?...
  8. Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does reinstalling windows unlock the bitlocker protected drive?: I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop.My D drive is Bitlocker protected.If I reinstall Windows 10, would the Bitlocker protected drive will be unprotected or unlocked?...
  9. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...
  10. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...