Windows 10: No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

Discus and support No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an hp envy 17" touch, bought in 2017. I also have a much older beat up hp laptop, that I needed files from. I turned it on. It fired right up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rualn2lng2, Dec 22, 2020.

1. No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

I have an hp envy 17" touch, bought in 2017. I also have a much older beat up hp laptop, that I needed files from. I turned it on. It fired right up, but wouldn't respond to anythingtouchpad, keys, etc., no matter how long I waited, or several restarts. I needed the files, and have a Sabrent 2.0 usb to sata/ide hard drive adapter. I took the hard drivewd scorpio blue, 320 gb out, andin my stupidity using the adapter I attempted to open the drive to copy the files I needed. I used my best computerthe envy to do this. I have used this adapter in the past, getting files from my old tower hard drive, and the plug in was easy to get those files in minutes. maybe one of my mistakes was the size difference between an old tower hd, and the laptop drive? The Sabrent adapter has several sizes of plug ends. The main/middle size connected between the 2 computers normally would let the drive be opened by host, without the addition of the poweror did in the past on the larger hd. Sabrent instructions stated that normally the drive will be seen without power, but often power had to be used to see the drive. I followed connect instructions to hook up power supply. Instantly my envy went BLACK. It will do nothing when I try to turn it back on.

My question? I'm considering trying to find out how to see if the power fried the motherboard?, the power supply? suggestions?

The envy is worlds faster than the old hp g-60workhorse in '09computer, that I have to use now. The ONE I should have used to open the drive, and I would enjoy attempting to fix it, if the path to figure out the solution, if it was not the motherboard, or other vital component makes it too expensive, or more trouble than it worth?

Any suggestions on where to start? I have the tools, time, and the patience. I'm fairly Comfortable building a good tower pc once. I know if it's the motherboard, then the envy is a spare parts computer. It will be taken apart as expanding my knowledge of hardware a little bitas a hobby no matter what answers I get here. I just would like to find out if it's fixable?, or whether my $1,000 is dust in the wind?

Thanks for any type of hope, help, honesty, and/or humor you may have in this the CRAZIEST holiday we'll EVER see in our lives, to give..

:)

rualn2lng2, Dec 22, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Dec 22, 2020
  3. KLund1 Win User
    HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

Thanks for the long reply! The effort is much appreciated!
    My responses in bold

Again many thanks.
    Any other thoughts or suggestions, from anyone??

KLund1, Dec 22, 2020
  4. dgcoolg Win User

No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

Power on problem with my HP ENVY 17-3090NR 3D

HP Envy 17T-3200 power on problem

Hi guys, i have a hp envy 17-T 3200 3D. had the same problem didn't turn on i saw the charging white light was on and that's it lap was dead.

When i press the beat button and power button that white light went off then i plug the charger and press the power button man i was happy to see the lap came alive.

I checked the battery level its 90%

I don't know whats wrong with this model.

Also i must say i keep the lap pluged in for days some times 3-4 days.

dgcoolg, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

1. No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch - Similar Threads - power envy touch

2. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  3. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  4. New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint: My new laptop has a yellow tint. I've tried adjusting every possible display option, but nothing changes. The night light isn't on so I know that's not the issue....
  5. New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint: My new laptop has a yellow tint. I've tried adjusting every possible display option, but nothing changes. The night light isn't on so I know that's not the issue....
  6. Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr: I am having an issue with my HP Envy 17 j177nr laptop where when I try to use F1 - F12, it only toggles the action rather than the F key itself. For example, F3 adjusts the brightness rather than doing the intended thing that F3 is supposed to trigger. In order for me to use...
  7. HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem: I have Windows 10 home on my laptop and my cd/dvd burner cant update or work and HP are not helpful and I have unistlled it and reinstalled it with the same problem every time [ATTACH]...
  8. HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues: I recently re-installed this laptop with a fresh copy of Windows 10, and ever since, it is having sleep issues. (It worked fine prior) Right after boot up, it will go to sleep fine (power light starts flashing on/off, and I can wake with keyboard and trackpad) However after...
  9. Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17: Hi, ALL attempts to install up-to-date windows 10 on a Laptop HP ENVY-17 have failed! The original windows have been working till Version 1709 Build 16299.611. From then each time the updates were applied automatically after download it failed to restart properly and...
  10. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy: After reviewing all the questions and responses, poking at every possible menu window I could find. I followed the suggestion of placing a mousepad over the touch pad. :-) I recommend one of thin mouse pads fold it in half, tuck one half under the notebook and the top half...