Windows 10: No power management from Login screen on desktop

Discus and support No power management from Login screen on desktop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have a family desktop PC with six user accounts. Kids know to do their thing then sign out. Win 7 would go to sleep after a period of time at the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SuperJX, Aug 22, 2015.

1. SuperJX Win User

No power management from Login screen on desktop

Have a family desktop PC with six user accounts. Kids know to do their thing then sign out. Win 7 would go to sleep after a period of time at the login screen.

Did an in-place Win 10 Home upgrade recently and now the pc won't go to sleep on its own. When logged in as a user, power management does sleep per each user's settings. But from the login screen it's always up-- monitor is on and cpu. Can manually put the pc to sleep from here just fine, but nothing automatic.

Anyone know if there's a magic parameter I'm missing in the settings? Or is there a separate power management when no user is logged in?

Thanks!

:)

SuperJX, Aug 22, 2015
  2. DX
    DX Win User

No sign in option available on Windows 10 login screen

Original Title: windows 10 login

I have a new Dell desktop computer with Windows 10. The start screen is Windows login. But sometimes, the start screen has no login boxes(ID and password), just a image of a "window" with light going through from right to left. I just can not get the login
    screen. Then, sometimes, the screen is flashing endlessly. Finally, I have to power off by pushing power button(hardware) and power on again to get the login screen.

Thanks for help!

3. Windows 10 upgrade

Upgraded from 8 to 10

system boots to login screen

login completes and windows just continues to cycle from screen to screen like it is looking for desktop

continues to loop with every forth or figth loop shows the desktop

cannot interrupt loopnig unless hard power off

toolbar at bottom not complete

?????

JerrySimons, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Don't have a solution but many things in Windows don't function until after a User is logged in, could be what is happening. Some of the newer monitors may have a Menu setting for blanking after a period of inactivity, mine don't.

Berton, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. No power management from Login screen on desktop - Similar Threads - power management Login

2. Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop: System: Window 11, 64 bit. Downloaded from Microsoft app store and installed. After entering my ID error was displayed "...try later..." repeatedly. I work fine before one week. I have tried to discuss on chat help from Microsoft they tried but failed and suggested to post on...
  3. Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop: System: Window 11, 64 bit. Downloaded from Microsoft app store and installed. After entering my ID error was displayed "...try later..." repeatedly. I work fine before one week. I have tried to discuss on chat help from Microsoft they tried but failed and suggested to post on...
  4. Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager: I am having issues with my HP laptop not waking from sleep. I need to verify the power management settings on the mouse and keyboard but the power management tab is missing in my device manager. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks....
  5. Power button missing from Login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power button missing from Login screen: I looked this up on other websites before coming to this conclusion. When I go in my computer, I open up run, open registry edit, and go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. Once I'm there I'm supposed to look for...
  6. Desktop power managment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop power managment: I just built a new Windows 10 Pro, Asus X570 system and at first the power buttoned turned the computer on/off ok. Then I noticed my leds on my USB devices were staying on after shut down. So I went into Windows power settings and changed some settings now the power button...
  7. Login Screen, Preload Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen, Preload Desktop: "One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. " Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart...
  8. No Login Screen and No Power button

in Windows 10 Support
    No Login Screen and No Power button: My wife's computer just updated last week, and now we can't use it. It boots to the "bright" wallpaper, and then when you pull up on the screen to get to the password, the screen dims a little and nothing else. In the past, the screen dimmed a little and asked you for your...
  9. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?: I got to realize windows implemented its own battery power manager , it is set on "Best Performance" while I already have a manufacturer battery power manager that is installed but two years old (Early 2016) that reports being up to date set on "Balance Mode" , now i am...
  10. Power management?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power management?: When I change the power management to never turn the screen off on my desktop the setting is back to 15 minutes when the Pc is restarted. On my laptop I don't have this problem and I can't find a setting in the BIOS which can be the cause? I use build 10586.11 64 bit....