Windows 10: no power management tab for keyboard

Discus and support no power management tab for keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; laptop: Dell Inspiron 7370 - win10 I want to WAKE laptop out of sleep mode using keyboard. In fact, I can wake it if my mouse is plugged, but without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CambM, Apr 15, 2019.

1. CambM Win User

no power management tab for keyboard

laptop: Dell Inspiron 7370 - win10

I want to WAKE laptop out of sleep mode using keyboard. In fact, I can wake it if my mouse is plugged, but without a mouse, I have NO WAY to wake the laptop. (a living dead)

Most of the time I close the lid (forget to take a mouse), and after a while, I find can do nothing to wake the computer but only shut it down compulsorily then restart.

So I go to change the setting of the keyboard: Device Manager -> HID Keyboard Device to "Allow keyboard to wake up computer". However, unlike my mouse, there are no power management tab for keyboard. (I have enabled the “USB wake up” in BIOS)

no power management tab for keyboard 1c559021-55d6-4cf9-a149-9e9f96b3c1e4?upload=true.jpg

An answer from Re: no power management tab for keyboard - dell xps, windows 7 said the keyboard of my laptop doesn't support a WAKE function (different from the pic below, which support a wake function)

no power management tab for keyboard b0831e13-1dfc-4f58-b7d5-7daa1c84672a?upload=true.jpg

So does it mean I can never wake my laptop if I don't bring a mouse with me? It's crazy that a laptop cannot be woken up from the embedded keyboard.

Is it a bug from Microsoft or Dell? Hope someone can fix it~

:)

CambM, Apr 15, 2019

2. Mouse/touch pad and keyboard wakes laptop up and power management tab missing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are trying to disable keyboard and touchpad to wake the computer from sleep.

As you are missing the Power Management tab in driver properties, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and update the keyboard and touchpad drivers.

To update keyboard drivers,

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

To update touchpad drivers,

• Type Device Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right Click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

I can follow everything, except I am stuck at ... because there is not such a tab I can see.
    Click the Power Management tab

CapFlam128, Apr 15, 2019
  4. eddman Win User

"Power Management" tab missing in keyboard properties

I just installed windows 10 on an Acer E1-531. Everything is working fine except for one small issue.

I'm trying to disable keyboard waking from sleep but there is no "Power Management" tab in keyboard's properties in Device Manager. For some reason, it's missing.

Does anyone know how can I bring that tab back? If that's not doable, is there any other way to disable keyboard waking?

P.S. There is no such option in the UEFI either.

eddman, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. no power management tab for keyboard - Similar Threads - power management tab

2. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  3. Power Management Tab not displaying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Management Tab not displaying: I am using ThinkPad P14s and windows 10 pro, Facing Wi-Fi disconnecting issue, Tried to do the changes but I can't see the Power Management Tab option in the properties....
  4. Power management tab is missing in device manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power management tab is missing in device manager!: If i go to network adapters and open the properties of my wifi card IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz there is no power management tab. Another post said to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power in regedit, where I had to create a new DWORD called...
  5. Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager

Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager: My laptop's keyboard isn't waking up the laptop from sleep. I went to device manager and right-clicked the laptop's keyboard which is marked as "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" (And not HID Keyboard Device - like my wireless USB keyboard), then Properties, but it doesn't have the...
  6. Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager: My laptop's keyboard isn't waking up the laptop from sleep. I went to device manager and right-clicked the laptop's keyboard which is marked as "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" (And not HID Keyboard Device - like my wireless USB keyboard), then Properties, but it doesn't have the...
  7. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...
  8. Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...: Hello, I am facing an issue where Power management tab in the device manager is not visible and in the Power tab the attached device is not listing. It will be great if i get the solution at the earliest. I tried changing different Power Plans but it did not helped me...
  9. Missing Power Management Tab

Missing Power Management Tab: I have a ACEPC GK2 pc. Windows 10 Home. And it is up to date as of today. This pc has a Realtek GBE Ethernet Controller. Since there no Power Management tab in the controller properties, I am unable to setup Wol on this PC. Why is it missing? Thanks....
  10. "Power Management" tab missing in keyboard properties

"Power Management" tab missing in keyboard properties: I just installed windows 10 on an Acer E1-531. Everything is working fine except for one small issue. I'm trying to disable keyboard waking from sleep but there is no "Power Management" tab in keyboard's properties in Device Manager. For some reason, it's missing. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard power management tab

2. keyboard power management tab windows 10

3. keyboard power management tab missing

4. no power management tab for keyboard windows 10,
  5. www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  6. power management missing from keyboard on hp computer,
  7. missing power management tab,
  8. keyboard doesnt have power management,
  9. keyboard power setting in window 10,
  10. nu vot,
  11. no power management for keyboard device,