Windows 10: No Power Options Besides Sign Out and Task Manager has been Blocked by Administrator, but...

Discus and support No Power Options Besides Sign Out and Task Manager has been Blocked by Administrator, but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home I need help with my Windows 10 Computer. I did not download anything. This change happened last night after I restarted my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SSjGRaj, Mar 1, 2021.

1. No Power Options Besides Sign Out and Task Manager has been Blocked by Administrator, but...

Windows 10 Home I need help with my Windows 10 Computer. I did not download anything. This change happened last night after I restarted my computer after my computer froze. When I was done with my computer, I wanted to push the Shut Down Button on the Start Menu, but the option was not there. Only the Sign Out Option was there. I tried using CTRL-ALT-DEL to turn off the computer, but even that didn't have any options besides the lock button. TLDR: Can't Turn off Computer or Start Task Manager using Start Menu, Task Bar, and CTRL-ALT-DEL.

submitted by /u/SSjGRaj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SSjGRaj, Mar 1, 2021
  2. SPAAAACE Win User

Can't open Task Manager as administrator

So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am the admin. I never deactivated task manager, i don't know why would i ever do that, any suggestions so i can "activate" it ? Screenshot - 12b812b50cb83bb65de7a1b3ebabbdcf - Gyazo (Screen shot)*Confused

SPAAAACE, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 1, 2021
  4. No Power Options Besides Sign Out and Task Manager has been Blocked by Administrator, but...

No option to pin apps to taskbar or uninstall apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Then try to check if you find the option by right clicking on any app.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

No Power Options Besides Sign Out and Task Manager has been Blocked by Administrator, but...

1. No Power Options Besides Sign Out and Task Manager has been Blocked by Administrator, but... - Similar Threads - Power Options Besides

2. this app has been blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app has been blocked by administrator: start menu , setting and other basic Microsoft software and options can't run and give me the below errorthis app has been blocked by administratorhow to fix it in windows 11 IOT enterpriser...
  3. this app has been blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this app has been blocked by administrator: start menu , setting and other basic Microsoft software and options can't run and give me the below errorthis app has been blocked by administratorhow to fix it in windows 11 IOT enterpriser...
  4. There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator: This morning I disabled some settings in the antivirus settings in my computer, because I have to take an online exam and the app SEB Exam Browser that I take it with tells me to disable antivirus temporarily as it locks down the computer for the exam and antivirus sometimes...
  5. There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator: This morning I disabled some settings in the antivirus settings in my computer, because I have to take an online exam and the app SEB Exam Browser that I take it with tells me to disable antivirus temporarily as it locks down the computer for the exam and antivirus sometimes...
  6. There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. This App has been blocked by System Administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App has been blocked by System Administrator.: Dear Techs,Is there any major changes in Microsoft defender services?Cause we are facing an issue regarding to This App has been blocked by System Administrator.unable to find taskbar clipboard then When we click on windows security – action recommended – it shows display...
  8. There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    There are currently no power options available & Task Manager disabled by administrator: Hi guys, I have trouble shutting down my laptop, there is no power options available and when I wanted to open the task manager, it says it has been disabled by administrator.... The thing is I am using the administrator and I am the administrator... Furthermore, the option...
  9. Task manager has been disabled by administrator & there are currently no power operation...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager has been disabled by administrator & there are currently no power operation...: Whenever I try to open task manager it is showing the message task manager has been disabled by administrator and in the start, power it is showing there are currently no power operation available. It started to happen when I was stuck in an app and I closed the app by using...
  10. Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator: My Task Manager is not working .. I tried to open task manager in my other local account it is started working but it is not working in my Microsoft administrator account. What should i do?...