Windows 10: No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer

Discus and support No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since purchasing new computer (Intel NUC 10) and installing WordPerfect X7 (17.0.0.366), I can no longer view .wpd documents in the preview pane of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LRKMaine, Jan 29, 2021.

1. LRKMaine Win User

No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer

Since purchasing new computer (Intel NUC 10) and installing WordPerfect X7 (17.0.0.366), I can no longer view .wpd documents in the preview pane of File Explorer. I have checked all the appropriate settings in Word Perfect that allow .wpd docs to be viewed in Windows Explorer, and on my previous computer, (Dell XPS with Windows 10 installed over Windows 7), the preview pane worked fine for viewing .wpd docs.

I can see the WordPerfect icons in my file tree, but not the preview of the document itself.

I have checked to make sure the iFilter is installed.

My Windows 10 build is 19042.746.

:)

LRKMaine, Jan 29, 2021

2. file explorer opens wordperfect doc in word

Windows 10 file explorer opens Wordperfect document in Word. I have never had this problem with file explorer in previous versions. I have always double clicked on the document and it opens in its correct program. How do change this setting?

Tess Oglesby, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Unable to open wordperfect files

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall WordPerfect x7and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    WordPerfect x7:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for WordPerfect x7and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 29, 2021
  4. No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer

Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

Seriously, what's so difficult to understand about these simple steps?

No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer 9268fd52-a2eb-45b7-9e65-9eed7f92b5bb.png

RobertJWin, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer

1. No preview for WordPerfect docs in File Explorer - Similar Threads - preview WordPerfect docs

2. Preview in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview in File Explorer: Recently the preview function on File explorer stopped working for my PDF files. I have Bluebeam set up as my Default PDF viewer, I tried changing it to the Microsoft Viewer but that did not allow a Preview either. I need to preview files! Help...
  3. Explorer File Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer File Preview: Explorer preview not working. Have searched internet on possible fixes. Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.450 Explorer->General->Open File Explorer set to this PC Explorer->View->Files and Folders->Show preview handlers in preview pane checked. Registry setting added....
  4. file explorer opens wordperfect doc in word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer opens wordperfect doc in word: Windows 10 file explorer opens Wordperfect document in Word. I have never had this problem with file explorer in previous versions. I have always double clicked on the document and it opens in its correct program. How do change this setting?...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix: Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix tried options but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-preview-pane-word-doc-fix/76ab2600-cc8c-495a-9dbd-b8a3fbaa8c6e"
  6. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  7. Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working: Hi, Software: Windows 10 and Office 365, both patched to date. Problem: File Explorer will not the preview of a Word document in the preview pane. It returns the error: "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment." You click ok and then you do get a...
  8. WordPerfect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WordPerfect: What versions of WordPerfect does Windows 10 support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordperfect/0358fed0-ae2a-4453-930e-a7b4ec5babdb
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer opens a phantom Word 2016 when trying to preview a .doc file

Windows 10 File Explorer opens a phantom Word 2016 when trying to preview a .doc file: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise on a Dell 7480 laptop with 8GB memory. When I have 'File Explorer' open and click on a .PDF file the preview pane shows the file without any issues, however when I scroll or click to/on a Word document the laptop fan goes hyperactive and...
  10. Win10 File Explorer hangs on MSOffice docs

Win10 File Explorer hangs on MSOffice docs: Brand new windows 10 installation, Dell xps-13 laptop. Trying to copy or move Excel spreadsheets (.xlsx) or Word Docs (.docx), the file explorer becomes unresponsive & must be closed. I don't HAVE MSOffice, though it's preinstalled and if you try to OPEN one of these...