Windows 10: No preview of multiple windows open on Edge icon on taskbar

Discus and support No preview of multiple windows open on Edge icon on taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Before an update earlier this week, when I hovered over the Edge icon on my taskbar and I had multiple windows open, it would show me previews of all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by crad, Sep 25, 2017.

1. crad Win User

No preview of multiple windows open on Edge icon on taskbar

Before an update earlier this week, when I hovered over the Edge icon on my taskbar and I had multiple windows open, it would show me previews of all the windows I had open. It now no longer does this but now it says at the top of the preview of the one window that does open it says " Edge and 1 more page". Wondering if anyone else has seen this and if there is aa way to recover back to previous way. Outlook does still show multiple windows open when hovering over that icon. Thanks for you help.

:)

2. tglg Win User

edge Multipole browsers

I believe what he is saying is, that he can't open up multiple Edge (Windows) by right clicking the Edge (Icon) in the taskbar and then clicking on "e Microsoft Edge" - this does not open up an extra Edge browser Window, I've tried it myself. The only
    way I have found to open up an extra and multiple Edge browser windows is to right click on a link on a website that is opened up in Edge and then click "open in a new window". You should be able to open up multiple Edge browser Windows by right clicking the
    Edge icon on the taskbar and then clicking on "e Microsoft Edge", but as of now, you can't do that, but you can do that with IE11...

3. Axman16 Win User
    Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hello,

My thumbnail preview is not displaying the multiple tabs I have opened when I hover the mouse over the Microsoft Edge icon in the taskbar. It just show s the last page I was viewing. Back when I had Windows 8.1, hovering over the IE icon in the taskbar
    would display the multiple tabs I had opened while navigating the internet. Any ideas on how I might be able to get this feature back? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Regards

Axman16, Sep 25, 2017
Thema:

No preview of multiple windows open on Edge icon on taskbar

1. No preview of multiple windows open on Edge icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - preview multiple open

2. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  3. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  4. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  5. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  6. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar: This happened recently with both browsers. If, for example, I'm playing a youtube video on Chrome and switch to Edge, the preview for when I hover the mouse over the Chrome logo on the taskbar doesn't show the video playing and only a white youtube screen. It's the same if I...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview: When i hover my mouse over a app on the taskbar like google which has over 1 window of it open it doesn't show previews for the multiple windows but when it has just 1 it shows the preview fine. It used to show all but now it doesn't. Any ideas how to fix this? Happens with...
  9. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar: The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background. How would I go about changing it back? Many thanks. 63626
  10. multiple display -taskbar and icons

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple display -taskbar and icons: This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications, battery etc) appear on the projector. Using the display settings I can swap the screens but I cannot get the icons to...