Windows 10: No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903

Discus and support No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 v1903 (upgrade 3 days ago). Wireless printer HP ENVY Photo 6255. I have 3 PCs - two have been on v1903 for quite awhile and the wireless printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrymcg, Sep 26, 2019.

1. larrymcg Win User

No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903

Win 10 v1903 (upgrade 3 days ago). Wireless printer HP ENVY Photo 6255. I have 3 PCs - two have been on v1903 for quite awhile and the wireless printer works fine from those PCs. Those PCs were already on v1903 when this new printer was added to the network. The wireless printer was working fine on this PC (my main PC) until it upgraded to v1903 3 days ago. The HP printer application says the printer is ready but all attempts to print from the HP printer app or from any other app fail (sometimes with error 0X8000ffff). Most of the time the request to print results in nothing - nothing even gets into the printer queue - and no error is reported.

The Windows settings application claims the driver is unavailable.

I have tried installing the driver with HP software and via Windows. I keep getting success but the status is still driver unavailable. I have deleted the printer from the Windows settings app and reinstalled it again from scratch. Successful result but the driver is still unavailable. Through all this the printer works fine from the other PCs. This doesn't seem to be a printer issue - it is just the driver issue on this particular PC.

I don't know what to try next. Suggestions?

-- Larry

:)

larrymcg, Sep 26, 2019

2. Lost printers after automatic Win 10 upgrade

Hi Ake,

An outdated printer driver can cause a missing printer. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to have a screenshot of the error message that you have encountered (if possible). Regarding to the missing printer, we would suggest to update your printer
    driver:
    Fix printer problems after updating or upgrading to Windows 10
    . Click on the
    Step 3: Update drivers
    drop down to view the steps.

We are looking forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 26, 2019
  3. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 26, 2019
  4. No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903

After upgrade to Win 10 can't find networked printer

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903

1. No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903 - Similar Threads - printer driver upgrade

2. Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade: Since the Windows 10 upgrade three weeks ago, my Canon printer will not print disc labels. It functions fine in every other regard, but when trying to print the disc label I get an "unable to print" message without an error code, and when using the USB connection there is an...
  3. HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade

HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade: Just had Dell upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Before, HP 7155 printer worked fine, now NOTHING. You can hear it getting print command, then it fizzles out. Is it driver issue? WIFI, Network? HP Forum and I have tried "everything!" Thx....
  4. BSOD UPGRADING FROM WIN 10 PRO V1903 to V1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD UPGRADING FROM WIN 10 PRO V1903 to V1909: Hello again. I previously posted my failed attempts to update to WIN 10 V1909. After all of the BSODs during this process, I successfully restored my PC to a stable version 1903 configuration that has worked without BSOD for several weeks. I paused all updates until Dec...
  5. Intel Driver not Working After Win 10 Upgrade

Intel Driver not Working After Win 10 Upgrade: I have a Dell here that will not display a second monitor after a Windows 10 Upgrade. Computer does not want to load the latest Intel 2500 series display driver. When I install and select the correct driver and restart the machine both screens will display for about 5 seconds...
  6. Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade

Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade: My desktop computer has become considerably slower following the recent Win 10 upgrade. Is there any way I can disable background processes so I do not get the screen lag and slow boot up? Also, how do I check the health of my SSD and RAM?...
  7. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  8. Can no longer adjust sound after v1903 upgrade

Can no longer adjust sound after v1903 upgrade: I finally got Windows 10 version 1903 installed. But now I can't adjust the sound anymore. I used to have a program or driver that came with the computer called HP Audio Control. With it I could increase the high frequencies for either the laptop speakers or the headphones....
  9. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

printer hanging after win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10....
  10. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade fails after features & drivers

Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade fails after features & drivers: Hi, Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. I get the Win 10 download and the notification saying you are ready to upgrade. I accept and proceed to upgrade. The PC check says, my pc which is a Dell XPS L502X (probably 2012 - dont remember the year) is ready and will have no...
Tags: