Windows 10: No printer icon....

Discus and support No printer icon.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having problems as no Brother printer icon is appearing in Printers & Devices so unable to select it as default on Win 10 despite drivers being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcadian, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Arcadian Win User

No printer icon....

Having problems as no Brother printer icon is appearing in Printers & Devices so unable to select it as default on Win 10 despite drivers being installed ok, yet it works fine on my back up Win 7.

Any ideas what could be the cause ?

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Sep 18, 2018

2. Representative Printer Icons Replaced by Generic Printer Icons

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to remove the icon and add the icon again.

If this doesn't helps, uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver.

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 18, 2018
  3. No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 18, 2018
  4. No printer icon....

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

No printer icon....

1. No printer icon.... - Similar Threads - printer icon

2. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  3. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  4. Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong: In my Windows device printer Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong. How do I resolve this issue? I'm new to Windows. There is no issue in my Mac so far...
  5. Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong

Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong: In my Windows device printer Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong. How do I resolve this issue? I'm new to Windows. There is no issue in my Mac so far...
  6. Wrong icon/logo printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong icon/logo printer: Hello, Since yesterday 28-11-2023 we have a problem with the printer logo/icon in the "Printers and Devices" window. The driver is correct "RICOH PCL6 UniversalDriver V4.37" but it appears as HP "HP LasterJet M101-106" See screenshot Before this problem, the logo/icon was the...
  7. Wrong icon/logo printer

Wrong icon/logo printer: Hello, Since yesterday 28-11-2023 we have a problem with the printer logo/icon in the "Printers and Devices" window. The driver is correct "RICOH PCL6 UniversalDriver V4.37" but it appears as HP "HP LasterJet M101-106" See screenshot Before this problem, the logo/icon was the...
  8. Wrong icon/logo printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why does the taskbar alter the correct icons in windows 11 such as Google and Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the taskbar alter the correct icons in windows 11 such as Google and Brother printer: The taskbar in windows 11 alters the correct icons of my Google and Brother printer. Have tried unpinning and then pin to taskbar but is no longer successful in doing so. Any help appreciated. Jeff Hazell...
  10. Why does the taskbar alter the correct icons in windows 11 such as Google and Brother printer

Why does the taskbar alter the correct icons in windows 11 such as Google and Brother printer: The taskbar in windows 11 alters the correct icons of my Google and Brother printer. Have tried unpinning and then pin to taskbar but is no longer successful in doing so. Any help appreciated. Jeff Hazell...