Windows 10: No Privacy

Discus and support No Privacy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When you use Windows 10 your privacy goes out the Window. They can access your personal data and even your email. Why would anyone put Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Aug 21, 2015.

1. No Privacy

When you use Windows 10 your privacy goes out the Window. They can access your personal data and even your email. Why would anyone put Windows 10 on their computer when Microsoft can access what is on your computer. This sounds illegal to me. Can someone shed some light on this. I'm just trying to learn about this. I'm going to buy Windows 10 for $119 and do a dual boot because I don't want to lose my Windows 7. Take a year and just study and learn Windows 10 before I change over with no email or personal data. Again I'm just trying to lean about this.

No Privacy [​IMG]

:)

lostsoul65, Aug 21, 2015

2. no privacy anymore

Set up a local User account for your casual users.....

JohnSmith531, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Bill_980 Win User
    no privacy anymore

I have recently 'upgraded ?' to windows 10 from 8.1. Now I find that when I sign in to open my computer my email gets opened at the same time, so if I open up for someone else to use the computer they can read my email as well !! Plus they can not access
    their email from my computer as it keeps going to my account. I even can't access another outlook account of my own without going through the whole sign in rubbish again

Could someone somewhere please explain the logic behind this infantile move by microsoft, or if there is a way round it? or are Mr Gates and Co just trying to make Apple more popular??

Bill_980, Aug 21, 2015
  4. No Privacy

Cristopher, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Williams Win User
    Williams, Aug 21, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    I'm afraid you signed your privacy off long time ago (depending on your age). Once you applied for an ID, drivers license, started kindergarten, got your first shots, walked down the street filled up with security cameras, went to internet.... and practically everything you do unless living in cave or middle of desert and hiding from satellites.

CountMike, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Flax Seed Win User
    Can you post your home address and when you're going to be naked? C'mon, it's only privacy.

Where does it end?

Flax Seed, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

No Privacy

If you want privacy give up Windows totally and start using Tails Linux on an USB thumbdrive: Tails - Privacy for anyone anywhere

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Not sure why Windows 10 is getting the blame for MS being able to access you emails

could say the same about any email provider, going back however many years

best to cancel your email altogether, especially if its IMAP as your mail is all stored on a server for the provider to read *Wink

paulsalter, Aug 21, 2015
  10. I understand what all of you said and I know your right. I just don't want someone reading my email. I also have about a million words on my Diary and other things I don't want everyone reading. Which brings me to another question. I wanted to put some personal information on drive one use to be called sky drive and I wonder how safe that is or how I can make it safe. I would like some of my info off site?

lostsoul65, Aug 21, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    If you think that your house could burn down, be hit by a meteor, or burgled, having data "off site" is always good.

Incidently, none of the large cloud companies, have a human being literally reading your private information, they might have software algorithms, that look at incoming stuff for specific words that might be used to filter, help with user experience(like "personal assistants"--example " Hey Cortana, get me the Email from mom, about her vacation in Hawaii") but nobody reads your stuff.

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  12. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Aug 21, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

No Privacy

To see what Google knows about you if you have a gmail account, go to Google dashboard. It's what it doesn't show(from their cookies and super cookies) that makes me wonder. Microsoft at least asks for permission to deliver profile/interest based ads(which I do want, at least it filters out crap I don't like*Smile).

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Antilope Win User
    I don't worry about software from large legitimate companies like Microsoft or Google.

It's interesting that no one has mentioned phone apps. Pretty much anyone can post a phone app and people load those without a second thought. Now there is a LARGE security hole. Phone apps have proven to have been spying and collecting info and even identity theft. Why does a calculator phone app need to access your e-mail list, etc. Want to worry about privacy issues? Concentrate on your phone. There is real security and privacy issue.

Antilope, Aug 21, 2015
  15. rezpower Win User
    there is also O&O ShutUp10. you can search this on google and get it. I wonder how good these apps are!
    I personally did all manually.

rezpower, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

No Privacy

1. No Privacy - Similar Threads - Privacy

2. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: For several weeks now i have been unable to open my Privacy & Security menu, every time i attempt this task i get a white screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/1b4a0b76-9832-45ad-af42-5b43e84a6452
  3. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: For several weeks now i have been unable to open my Privacy & Security menu, every time i attempt this task i get a white screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/1b4a0b76-9832-45ad-af42-5b43e84a6452
  4. privacy &security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    privacy &security: In my start menu i click and can get into my settings, unfortunately im unable to open the Windows & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-security/df52b368-e549-4ee0-afdb-1d816e16cab1
  5. privacy &security

privacy &security: In my start menu i click and can get into my settings, unfortunately im unable to open the Windows & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-security/df52b368-e549-4ee0-afdb-1d816e16cab1
  6. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: In my setting menu i am unable to open Privacy & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/6ca10f88-08e6-4871-8650-f473953f0136
  7. Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11

Why am i unable to open my Privacy & Security settings in windows11: In my setting menu i am unable to open Privacy & Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-open-my-privacy-security/6ca10f88-08e6-4871-8650-f473953f0136
  8. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  9. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  10. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade