Windows 10: "no product key was found on your computer"

Discus and support "no product key was found on your computer" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; recent issues with scam artists claiming to be working for M$, seeking money to purchase antivirus. Hacker gave me my bank account info, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by solvin1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. solvin1 Win User

"no product key was found on your computer"

recent issues with scam artists claiming to be working for M$, seeking money to purchase antivirus. Hacker gave me my bank account info, to demonstrate that he had control of my computer. Insisted that he worked in California at office site near LA. Voice came from Indian Subcontinent.

Changed motherboard, now message states "windows reported that no product key was found on your device error code 0xC004F213"

computer had been working well, for several years, updated at least twice from earlier versions, running 10 successfully at least since 2017, without "activation problems". Current version updates without problem, apart from message that windows cannot find a product key.

Changed motherboard, not hard drive. Yesterday, telephone call again from same scam artists. Hung up.

So, now I am wondering. Is this message about failure to locate the product key genuine, or more scam artists? Why should it matter which motherboard I use, as long as the hard drive (with the OS installed) remains the same? computer boots just as it always has, without problem, even though different motherboard. Login procedure is identical with what has been working for years, since first purchase of 7.

Now, (very paranoid), I am wondering: What if, this is NOT scam artists from Pakistan? What if this message is from M$? What does that imply about the location of this "product key". Obviously, since I have not changed the hard drive, either the product key was never on the hard drive, else, it once was there, but is no longer there--but if so, WHY? How was it removed?

Is it possible that the scam artists destroyed my product key? Or, is it possible that M$ writes to my motherboard in some fashion? If the latter, that is a serious problem. If the former, M$ ought to have a duplicate of my product key, else how could the software now complain, that the product key cannot be located on my "device"?

Short version of this post: Where do I look to locate my product key?

:)

solvin1, Jun 13, 2019

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 13, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. "no product key was found on your computer" - Similar Threads - product key was

2. my order product key not found

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my order product key not found: March 5, 2022 Order number 9625499076 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-order-product-key-not-found/f3b5ea20-870e-4019-ba55-9f3f2ed73fc4
  3. my order product key not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my order product key not found: March 5, 2022 Order number 9625499076 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-order-product-key-not-found/f3b5ea20-870e-4019-ba55-9f3f2ed73fc4
  4. my order product key not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. slmgr /dli: Product key not found

slmgr /dli: Product key not found: Hey,I just accidentally deleted my Windows Key with the command slmgr /upk. My actual intention was to use slmgr /dli to find out if I got a oem or retail license but I copied the wrong command. Now slmgr /dli says "Product key not found". But when I got to...
  6. slmgr /dli: Product key not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slmgr /dli: Product key not found: Hey,I just accidentally deleted my Windows Key with the command slmgr /upk. My actual intention was to use slmgr /dli to find out if I got a oem or retail license but I copied the wrong command. Now slmgr /dli says "Product key not found". But when I got to...
  7. Activation key product not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activation key product not found: Activation key product, I cannot found it, can you help me please? I search for but unfortunately not found, due to transferring process from place to others. thanks...
  8. Windows reported that no product key was found on your device

Windows reported that no product key was found on your device: Hey guys, recently got a new SSD and reinstalled windows 10 to find that my windows is suddenly not activated. I logged into the same account I was using before but in the setup I clicked skip this step when prompted to enter the activation key. Any have this same problem and...
  9. product Key in your account.

product Key in your account.: I have windows10 loaded onto my lap top with its own key in my account. I want to put into my account another key so I can load windows10 onto another new SSD plugged into a USB port. My question is if I change my product key to load another drive can I then go back after...
  10. Windows Report That No Product Key Was Found On Your Device

Windows Report That No Product Key Was Found On Your Device: Hello, long ago i have a windows 7 then upgrade to 10 for free, now all is okay till i change my hardware (motherboard and processor) now windows ask me to activate. When i do troubleshoot and I choose "i change hardware" there is an option to choose my license, and check...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reported that no product key was found on your device

2. it was found no product key on this device

3. no product key was found on your device

4. windows reported that 0xc004f213 dell,
  5. windows reported that no product key was found on your device. error code: 0xC004F213,
  6. no proiduct key on windows computer,
  7. no windows product key was found,
  8. windows reported that no product key was found