Windows 10: No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

Discus and support No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; These aren't very important problems, but I'm just curious why this happen after Anniversary Upgrade. - When I start my PC or when I shutdown/restart,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Siegfriedm, Aug 8, 2016.

1. No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

These aren't very important problems, but I'm just curious why this happen after Anniversary Upgrade.
    - When I start my PC or when I shutdown/restart, in the log screen there isn't my profile image. Just the generic blank one.
    The image is still present when I click on Start button on desktop and in Control Panel. I also tried to set it again.
    - I prefer a "blank" lock screen background as I had before, with no panorama pictures or nothing. How can I remove it?

:)

Siegfriedm, Aug 8, 2016
  2. MarcoArik Win User

No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

Ehm...anyone?

MarcoArik, Aug 8, 2016
  3. No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

I found a workaround for the profile picture that doesn't require to change the default files. Just open regedit and go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AccountPicture\Users

Under this key you find another key beginning with S-1-5. Look under this and you'll find entries like Image192, Image240 etc.

Create a new REG_SZ value named Image192 directly under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AccountPicture\Users and copy the contents from the subkey.

Reboot the system. Repeat the process with the other Image entries until the picture shows up. I think it depends on the screen resolution. In my case it was Image192 I needed to copy.

Alexander Freudenberg, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen.

1. No profile image in startup screen and pictures in lock screen. - Similar Threads - profile image startup

2. Remove 365 Profile picture from lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove 365 Profile picture from lock screen: I am required by my employer to have my profile picture on Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Office 365, etc. What that means, unfortunately, is that the same profile picture shows up on my laptop's lock screen. I feel this is a serious security risk as having my picture on my lock...
  3. Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture: I'm on windows 11 and I can't seem to change my lock screen or my user profile picture and this is what It shows me when I try to change the profile picture:and when I try to change my lockscreen it just keeps on loading like this but never changes:...
  4. Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change lock screen and the user profile picture: I'm on windows 11 and I can't seem to change my lock screen or my user profile picture and this is what It shows me when I try to change the profile picture:and when I try to change my lockscreen it just keeps on loading like this but never changes:...
  5. Windows 11 Lock Screen Profile Picture Change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock Screen Profile Picture Change?: I have Beta - 22000.493/22000.526, I want the DEV channel's PFP.Means I have this - BETA & R. PREVIEWAnd I want this on Lock screen - DEVBut this is not transparent, can anyone give me this picture? If anyone has DEV Channel, do this please1. Open Run app Win + R2. Type -...
  6. Windows 11 Lock Screen Profile Picture Change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lock Screen Profile Picture Change?: I have Beta - 22000.493/22000.526, I want the DEV channel's PFP.Means I have this - BETA & R. PREVIEWAnd I want this on Lock screen - DEVBut this is not transparent, can anyone give me this picture? If anyone has DEV Channel, do this please1. Open Run app Win + R2. Type -...
  7. Screen pictures at startup

Screen pictures at startup: I am asking for a SIMPLE step by step way to delete some photos at start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pictures-at-startup/d68e131e-afd2-4694-a1dc-28961a4864ba
  8. how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen

how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen: Windows 10--when the computer starts, there is no background with the date. How do I enable the pictures on startup--not lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-pictures-on-startup-not-lock-screen/9413b278-9a26-4789-9d5f-581fa70be93e
  9. how to change the profile picture on my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to change the profile picture on my lock screen: i have changed the picture of my lock screen. but i dont really like it anymore and i am trying to change it again! but when i try to i cant find where i press to change it i cant because i cant find it!!!! so please tell me where i can find it!...
  10. Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup

Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup: The lock screen background image is not working properly on startup. I have the lock screen set to show the spotlight image. When it starts it uses the same image. If I click the Windows button and "L" to lock it it will show a spotlight image. my computer at work when I...