No program icons on taskbar appearing

Discus and support No program icons on taskbar appearing in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015.

1. bobsagetfullhou Win User

So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Edit: Nevermind, I had start8 still installed from windows 8. Uninstalled and it fixed the problem.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015
  2. jeennijhof Win User

taskbar icons

Hello,

How do i prevent TomTom Navigator from placing an icon in the taskbar when the program is minimised?

The taskbar is usually not visible, because no othere program i use puts an icon there. TomTom however is the only program that does, so it makes the taskbar appear. And this taskbar uses space on my today screen and that makes the vertical scroll bar appear,
    messing up the layout of my today screen.

TomTom Customer Help say TomTom has nothing to do with the taskbar icon (?).

Device: HTC TyTNII

Application: TomTom Navigator 7

Regards Jeen

jeennijhof, Aug 5, 2015
  3. z242 Win User
    Task manager icon missing from Notification area

I had the same problem as well. I brought up the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, and on the Taskbar tab, at Notification area, I clicked Customize. I then clicked "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Task Manager was listed and was turned on,
    but its icon was blank. I turned it off and turned it on again, closed and restarted Task Manager, and the little icon now appears in the notification area. Meanwhile, in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", Task Manager now shows its proper icon
    as well.

This worked exactly the same for another program whose icon wasn't showing up properly as well.

z242, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

No program icons on taskbar appearing

No program icons on taskbar appearing - Similar Threads - program icons taskbar

1. Change taskbar icons of pinned programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Change taskbar icons of pinned programs: I'd like to change the icon of these icons, but I found no obvious way. [img] 15861
  2. Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.: I have a Bible program in my taskbar that when I click on it, a popup appears asking if I want to continue installing Office Professional 2003, which is already installed. If I let it run the message pops up that is attached by screen capture. Even if I try to start eSword...
  3. Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar: Hi Guys, I have Firefox pinned to my taskbar, but when I run the program, it opens up another icon in the taskbar to indicate that it's running. The other browser I use does not do that. In fact, I do not remember Firefox doing that previously. It will just "underscores"...
  4. Excel Icon on taskbar does not open file, only program

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel Icon on taskbar does not open file, only program: I've been running Windows 10 since last August, after upgrading from Win 8.1 on my Asus laptop. I use the taskbar (launchbar?) to start my favourite programs, such as Excel, and some 8-10 files are stacked on the icon so I can right-click the icon and select/open my desired...
  5. No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up

in Windows 10 Support
    No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up: My program icons have suddenly disappeared from the taskbar, including the volume and clock icons! I found my way over to the "turn icons on or off" page in settings, but the on/off toggle for all of my missing icons are greyed out (set to off). Any idea how I can fix this?...
  6. Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently: As you can see in the picture below, when I click the Firefox icon, it disappears. Instead, I want it to be there permanently. How to achieve this? [img] 86415
  7. Taskbar icons hidden until new program is pinned

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons hidden until new program is pinned: I've read many posts about hidden icons or icons showing wrong images etc, but my problem seem to be different from others. When I log on after a reboot, I only see the search icon and the Task View icon in the task bar even though I have several other programs pinned. If I...
No program icons on taskbar appearing solved