Windows 10: No program icons on taskbar appearing

Discus and support No program icons on taskbar appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015.

1. No program icons on taskbar appearing

So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Edit: Nevermind, I had start8 still installed from windows 8. Uninstalled and it fixed the problem.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015

2. taskbar icons

Hello,

How do i prevent TomTom Navigator from placing an icon in the taskbar when the program is minimised?

The taskbar is usually not visible, because no othere program i use puts an icon there. TomTom however is the only program that does, so it makes the taskbar appear. And this taskbar uses space on my today screen and that makes the vertical scroll bar appear,
    messing up the layout of my today screen.

TomTom Customer Help say TomTom has nothing to do with the taskbar icon (?).

Device: HTC TyTNII

Application: TomTom Navigator 7

Regards Jeen

jeennijhof, Aug 5, 2015
  3. z242 Win User
    Task manager icon missing from Notification area

I had the same problem as well. I brought up the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, and on the Taskbar tab, at Notification area, I clicked Customize. I then clicked "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Task Manager was listed and was turned on,
    but its icon was blank. I turned it off and turned it on again, closed and restarted Task Manager, and the little icon now appears in the notification area. Meanwhile, in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", Task Manager now shows its proper icon
    as well.

This worked exactly the same for another program whose icon wasn't showing up properly as well.

z242, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

No program icons on taskbar appearing

1. No program icons on taskbar appearing - Similar Threads - program icons taskbar

2. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  3. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  4. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New icon appears on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    New icon appears on Taskbar?: After the latest Windows Updates a new icon has appeared on my Taskbar as shown below; How to delete this new icon from the Taskbar? 178659
  6. Strange icon appeared in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icon appeared in taskbar: A strange item has appeared in my taskbar. When I click on it, it does nothing. It always has the line underneath which appears when a program is open. When I right-click it, the only option is close window. When I choose that nothing happens. Any clue what it may be? Thanks!...
  7. Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?: This happens 50% of the time though. Once I went to desktop straight-away from lower-right corner in taskbar and couldn't find it. Had to run it again to use it. Here's the picture: [img] 148808
  8. Network Icon not appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon not appearing in taskbar: Hi, I've been having issues with my network icon not appearing in the taskbar of my PC. I've gone through several online articles looking for assistance. For example, I went to Settings> System> Notifications and Actions> Turn System Icons on and off. But when I go there,...
  9. Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar: Sometimes when I restart my PC the volume button doesn't show up in the Task-bar. Some days its there and its fine but other days I cant seem to locate it and going in and manually disabling it and re-enabling it does nothing. The pictures below show my task-bar without an...
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...