No program icons on taskbar appearing

Discus and support No program icons on taskbar appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015.

1. bobsagetfullhou Win User

So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Edit: Nevermind, I had start8 still installed from windows 8. Uninstalled and it fixed the problem.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015
  2. jeennijhof Win User

taskbar icons

Hello,

How do i prevent TomTom Navigator from placing an icon in the taskbar when the program is minimised?

The taskbar is usually not visible, because no othere program i use puts an icon there. TomTom however is the only program that does, so it makes the taskbar appear. And this taskbar uses space on my today screen and that makes the vertical scroll bar appear,
    messing up the layout of my today screen.

TomTom Customer Help say TomTom has nothing to do with the taskbar icon (?).

Device: HTC TyTNII

Application: TomTom Navigator 7

Regards Jeen

jeennijhof, Aug 5, 2015
  3. z242 Win User
    Task manager icon missing from Notification area

I had the same problem as well. I brought up the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, and on the Taskbar tab, at Notification area, I clicked Customize. I then clicked "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Task Manager was listed and was turned on,
    but its icon was blank. I turned it off and turned it on again, closed and restarted Task Manager, and the little icon now appears in the notification area. Meanwhile, in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", Task Manager now shows its proper icon
    as well.

This worked exactly the same for another program whose icon wasn't showing up properly as well.

z242, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. No program icons on taskbar appearing - Similar Threads - program icons taskbar

2. High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs: I am experiencing high disk usage when I open literally everything. I am not too knowledgeable on computer hardware so hopefully someone here can help. I have disabled SuperFetch (I was/still am having issues with my computer randomly resetting; someone said disabling it...
  3. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....
  4. windows update changed desktop icons

windows update changed desktop icons: Update changed the desktop icon sizes and arrangement, how can I return them to previous views? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-update-changed-desktop-icons/777e250b-b3c5-4903-b316-f7efd57f3303
  5. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  6. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  7. Window 10 (activate window) After the activation of the icon appears on the display.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 (activate window) After the activation of the icon appears on the display.: Activate window 10 Is it not a problem to show all this while windows are?active This problem is with me or you are with all people. I update 3-4 times a month. but this problem persists continuously, only if there is the latest update [ATTACH]...
  8. date and time on taskbar Windows 10

date and time on taskbar Windows 10: How to do this--W 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/date-and-time-on-taskbar-windows-10/27af3c6e-f73d-4d9e-8961-f9740284c57f
  9. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  10. Control Errors consistenly appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control Errors consistenly appearing: Every time I use my computer at some seemingly random point a set of input errors will arise. For example, the shift key will remain down, the scroll wheel won't work and switching webpage opens a new browser. Restarting the computer fixes these issues though they keep coming...