Windows 10: No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

Discus and support No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello Microsoft from yesterday I couldn't open any program without running them as an administrator I'm using "Gmail' as my account on this computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ABP Indian Gamer_yt, Jul 15, 2021.

1. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

hello Microsoft from yesterday I couldn't open any program without running them as an administrator I'm using "Gmail' as my account on this computer please help me I don't want to reinstall my windows 10

:)

ABP Indian Gamer_yt, Jul 15, 2021

2. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

Okay so today after I restarted my laptop (MSI Ge60) I left it for a while, and tried to open Word. Nothing happened. I tried to open Edge (app), it opened then closed instantly. I then tried every program/app I had, and the same thing occured. I restarted
    my laptop again and the same thing happened. I then tried opening google chrome manually, run as administrator, and it opened fine, but I can't open any other programs/apps without running as adminstrator.

What causes this, and is there a way to fix without recovery etc?

Thanks for the help,

Jack.

JackHolmes12, Jul 15, 2021
  3. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the update.

Please follow the below steps for further troubleshooting.

Step 1: Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Please refer the below link to troubleshoot:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

If the issue persists, please follow the below steps.

Step 2: DISM scan.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image. The DISM tool replaces the Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg tools. DISM consolidates
    the functionality found in those three tools, as well as delivers new functionality to improve the experience of offline servicing.

Please follow the given steps to run a DISM scan:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command prompt.

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jul 15, 2021
  4. angus Win User

No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

1. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10] - Similar Threads - programs open unless

2. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  3. Some programs don't open unless run as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs don't open unless run as admin: So a few days ago I restarted my laptop and I think I opened it after a few hours and when I tried launching certain apps they would not launch but then I tried it with admin privileges and it worked. But I want the apps to open normally if any one can help with this in the...
  4. WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode: Hello Group,Since I installed the last update in Windows 10 build 19043.1586, I can't use any programs to RUN in Admin mode, e.g. Command Prompt Please help since I really don't want to remove and reinstall build or revert back to previous version in SYS RESTORE.I was...
  5. WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode: Hello Group,Since I installed the last update in Windows 10 build 19043.1586, I can't use any programs to RUN in Admin mode, e.g. Command Prompt Please help since I really don't want to remove and reinstall build or revert back to previous version in SYS RESTORE.I was...
  6. WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  8. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator: I’ve been searching up on the web all day to fix this and there’s only a few solutions posted. I’ve done the registry edit “%1”%*, created a new user account - nothing. Please help, thanks. :-) submitted by /u/taromt [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to open Word, Powerpoint, Excel unless running as Administrator

Unable to open Word, Powerpoint, Excel unless running as Administrator: Hello I have a MSI GE72 Laptop which I am unable to run Word, Excel or Powerpoint 2016 on unless I open the programmes as Administrator, I am able to load Publisher and MS Access without issue. Please help, I have reinstalled and have a licence which I am unable to use...
  10. Programs not running unless run as admin

Programs not running unless run as admin: So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge , task manager , regedit an all unless they runned as admin ) occurs because of installing applications from d drive (in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 program wont execute unless administrator

2. apps for wont install unless I run them as administrator