Windows 10: No progress after windows update completed then restarted

Discus and support No progress after windows update completed then restarted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My recent windows 10 update completed, I restarted and it’s been 2+ hours with the message “working on updates 0%, don’t turn off PC , this will take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JCR123, May 9, 2020.

1. JCR123 Win User

No progress after windows update completed then restarted

My recent windows 10 update completed, I restarted and it’s been 2+ hours with the message “working on updates 0%, don’t turn off PC , this will take a while”. Should it take this long? What are my options?

:)

JCR123, May 9, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond No progress after windows update completed then restarted :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 9, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

I want to follow the suggestion. But It is that before making a decision or action I usually analyze it or ask a little more, as long as it is something new for me
    :/

Before Reset the Windows Update should I take into account the results of the Windows Update Troubleshooter ? The WUT of Windows itself does not correct the problem it finds. But the other WUT shows me (after the second attempt) as "corrected" and "completed".

No progress after windows update completed then restarted [​IMG]

What I do not understand is why the WUT tells me that one of the steps is to remove the updates and re-download them (red rectangle). But when I give in "apply this correction" does not eleminate the update(Should?)

Already in the final step in the report it tells me: that it is "corrected" in the first line. In the second it indicates "completed" and the text there says that one of the steps is to remove and re-download the update (is it supposed that WUT already did it or should I do it?)
    And what is that appears in the green box. Should I download it, remove it?

Sorry if maybe I have not explained well before. I think it would be much easier if the OS language were in English because translating the texts of the images is a lot.

3Colors, May 9, 2020
  4. No progress after windows update completed then restarted

Windows 10 "Couldn't complete updates"

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to go to Windows services and restart the Windows Update service and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R and type “services.msc” (without quotes)
    • Hit Enter.
    • Search for Windows Update service in the list.
    • Right Click on it and stop it.
    • Again right click on it and start it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 9, 2020
Thema:

No progress after windows update completed then restarted

1. No progress after windows update completed then restarted - Similar Threads - progress update completed

2. Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...: when I download like an file or an app then restart it it completely wipes the file or app from my folder and even the apps I delete are back in the same spot, then every restart has the same pop-up saying: Windows has recovered from an unexpected error: Blue screen, then...
  3. Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...: when I download like an file or an app then restart it it completely wipes the file or app from my folder and even the apps I delete are back in the same spot, then every restart has the same pop-up saying: Windows has recovered from an unexpected error: Blue screen, then...
  4. Windows update through intune status is in Progress although the update completed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update through intune status is in Progress although the update completed: HI All,we are pushing windows 11 22h2 update to devices through intune update ring.although the devices have been updated. when i go to the reporting section it shows the followingalso have noticed that users are required to click on Check updates for it to start downloading...
  5. Windows update through intune status is in Progress although the update completed

Windows update through intune status is in Progress although the update completed: HI All,we are pushing windows 11 22h2 update to devices through intune update ring.although the devices have been updated. when i go to the reporting section it shows the followingalso have noticed that users are required to click on Check updates for it to start downloading...
  6. windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.: Microsoft have offered possible solutions but to date all have failed. Has anyone else had this problem and how have they resolved it? Unable to upgrade to windows 11 as PC not suitable....
  7. windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.

windows 10 21H2 updates and unable to complete installation after the restart.: Microsoft have offered possible solutions but to date all have failed. Has anyone else had this problem and how have they resolved it? Unable to upgrade to windows 11 as PC not suitable....
  8. Achievement progress/completions not unlocking/updating on Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Achievement progress/completions not unlocking/updating on Xbox Console Companion: Recently, as in about a week ago, my progress for game achievements have stopped updating, for example, microsoft solitaire collection, extreme altitude, clear 100 tripeaks boards, I have completed about 10 more boards, but it is still stuck at 65% completion, I have tried...
  9. How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?: First of all: Sorry to bring this up again, I'm sure this question probably gets asked a lot. But somehow I haven't found a working solution (or done something wrong). What I want is to completely prevent my PC from automatically restarting, only restart when I explicitly say...
  10. Windows update and restart halted progression

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and restart halted progression: For a while now my pc says that it needs to update and restart but every time I do it it gets stuck at 30% and nothing happens it doesn't increase in percentage or restart, a few times I've left it to update over the course of the day only to come back 6 or so hours later for...