Windows 10: No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

Discus and support No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Spencer Guest, May 25, 2023.

1. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is locked by user xxxxxx" Users are not getting prompted to say who has a file open! Its causing issues.HELP!!!Thanks :

:)

Spencer Guest, May 25, 2023
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 25, 2023
  3. File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 25, 2023
  4. cwtech Win User

No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 25, 2023
Thema:

No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

1. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only - Similar Threads - prompt File locked

2. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only: Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is locked by user xxxxxx" Users are not getting prompted to say who has a file open! Its causing issues.HELP!!!Thanks :...
  3. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only: Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is locked by user xxxxxx" Users are not getting prompted to say who has a file open! Its causing issues.HELP!!!Thanks :...
  4. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  5. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  6. Files are read only

Files are read only: When I open a file/folder properties they are read only. I have already tried turning off controlled folder access, and I failed to do that because it was never on in the first place. When I change the folder to not read only, it just reverts back to read only. Upon further...
  7. Read-Only Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Read-Only Files: Hello there, I am running windows 10 64-bit system and i have 1 external hard drive partially partitioned as NTFS and the other Partition is EX-Fat to share files with my MAC. I also have my main drive which is the C drive and it holds the windows files etc. Anyways I...
  8. read only files

read only files: read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files/e2f111ee-e6c7-426f-88d2-6421bfd62668"
  9. file read only

file read only: Hello, A folder is suddenly read only. I have tried changing it both as a user and administrator to no avail. Is there a procedure to correct this other than change the folder name? Thanks...
  10. Why Files open with "Read Only"?

Why Files open with "Read Only"?: Every time I open a Word file, it opens with "Read Only", and when I make a change I have to save it with another name!!! Also another problem is when I open Photos, I see multiple copies (duplicates) of the same picture. It looks like Windows keep bringing in my pictures...